“Frank Perez French Quarter Walking Tour”

French Quarter Walking Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
$27.00*
and up
Guided Historical French Quarter Walking Tour
Ranked #86 of 232 Tours in New Orleans
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I went to New Orleans for a little R&R this past weekend. We had seen several groups of people on walking tours and thought we'd like to find one too so as to learn more about New Orleans and the FQ, which are so unique and steeped in history. We were lucky enough to find a recent Trip Advisor review that mentioned Frank Perez and his tour company (Crescent City Tour Booking Agency, located at 638 St Anne St) and decided to book a tour with him. It was the highlight of our trip! Frank took us on a private 2-hour tour around the quarter (much more intimate feel than the 20+ person group tours we'd seen), and because we were a small group, we could easily customize the tour. Frank seemed to know a little bit about everything -- architecture, political history, pirates, music, food, voodoo etc so I wasn't surprised when he said he was born in New Orleans and lives in the quarter. I couldn't believe that 2 hrs went by so quickly! If you're in the mood to learn a little (or a lot!) about this fascinating city, I definitely recommend Frank's tour. It was totally worth it.

3  Thank Heather W

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We (wife and husband) enjoyed the "Self-Guided Walking Tour" of New Orleans TWICE during a recent visit to The Crescent City. Accurate to the word and every turn and direction, this is a terrific "do it yourself" tour, provided you have comfortable shoes and clothing, a sense of adventure, and a willingness to read, look carefully, and NOT be intimidated by not having a guide but rather only a well-written, self-contained booklet. We combined ours with an overview map of the area, a few websearches on our smart phones, and were always confident about "where we were" and "what we were near". We opted to start at the beginning and do it all...took about three hours because we stopped for a SUPERB lunch at The Gumbo Shop and amazing beignets with coffee (wife) and hot chocolate (me) at Cafe duMonde'. The first day we started to do this tour early in January we were skeptical about enjoyment as the weather was damp and blustery; NOT a great time but certainly NOT because of the scenery. Second time was the charm...perfect weather, same terrific scenery, perfect for people watching and just taking in the local charm of The Quarter. This was a very enjoyable "counterpoint" complement to the 3.5 hour Grey Line "Isle of Orleans" sightseeing bus tour" (see "A Great Way to Get Started in the Crescent City" review) which we also appreciated very much. There are myriad ways to enjoy the French Quarter; this one sure worked for us AND allowed us to commit to "coming back to see that" at another time while in town.....which we did.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

While in New Orleans I took 3 tours. This was by far the BEST tour!
I'm not sure how best to direct you to where it was I took the tour because I'm not sure if the tour company was Crescent City Tours or New Orleans Sight Seeing. Either way, I'm attaching a picture of the business card I got from Frank Perez, the person who gave us the tour. We wandered into their small office on St. Ann Street in the French Quarter and Frank happened to be there. We were told he was the one who actually does the tour so we spoke with him and he told us he is a local historian and he will tell us whatever we want to know whether it be about the architecture, history... anything. Our first tour in new orleans was a mule carriage tour. My husband has been to Savannah and Charleston and he said he took the carriage tours there and thought they were fantastic. We were so excited to take the tour then we ended up bored and left feeling like we hadn't learned much more than where to eat and a few things about the french quarter. Next we took a VIP City Tour and I was disappointed because I was promised to see the Lower Ninth ward and we did not go there. We told Frank about all of our tour frustrations and he was very sympathetic and promised us a good tour. And he DELIVERED. He was very interesting to listen to and we asked him all kinds of questions and he had answers for everything. If you want a great tour, please see him! The VIP and the carriage tour gave us info that he debunked (not even by us asking but just the things he told us proved that a lot of other tour guides really do not have accurate information!). I'm submitting a picture of his business card but in case it does not get attached, the space where they book tours is at 638 St. Ann Street New Orleans, LA 70116. Their website is NewOrleansToursSightSeeing.com. Check them out!

5  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The walking tour I printed out was very good. The exception being that locations noted on map did not give any explanations as to why they were pointed out. Had to do additional research on historical locations.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The local New Orleaners are not the usual american people! They are different from you and me. How different and why, you have to find out yourself.