“On the level”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stopped in there for dinner and grabbed a high top table. The table wasn't quite level, and neither was one of the chairs. As my we tried to move the table no more than six inches to the side to allow the chair to sit level and not wobble, the server interrupted us from doing it and in broken English didn't quite understand what we said we were trying to accomplish, and that we couldn't move the table a few inches because "we are going to get busy soon." When we went in, there were no more than a half-dozen people. We opted to leave before even ordering due to the poor service we received in the first few minutes.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Burritos on Bourbon Street? YES! Buy one get one free margaritas? YES (and they were yummy)! Cat strolling through as we ate? Yeah that happened. Awesome 80's music playing and you HAVE to try the Yucca Fries! The homemade salsa is a bit salty/garlicy but otherwise the food, drink, and service (sorry male waiter who might have been Jeff that I can't remember your name) were great. I even got my own shot of tequila to mix in my second drink because the first was too strong - of course I ended up dumping the whole thing in anyway!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

On Tuesdays, if you like margarita's, this is the only place on Bourbon Street to be - $2 margarita's, $2 tacos, $2 chips and salsa, etc. Normally, an 8 or maybe it's a 12 oz margarita is $9. I happened to arrive in NOLA early evening on a Tuesday and found this place and stayed for a while. The food was quite good (better than I expected), and I of course had a few margaritas. I did go back again on Wed, but no "deals", and on Thursday the margarita's were 2 for 1 - that's when I found out they were normally $9 - so I "splurged" since I was on vacation. The bartender's were all very friendly. If it's Tuesday, be sure to go!!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

The food has a smokey taste which reminds me of a grill. I originally was nervous about eating a burrito but it smelled so good and was cheap. It was so good I had to order a second. The chef and waitress cared about my allergies and were friendly. I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

The food here is good. Not bad, not great. But the yuca fries are GREAT!!!! LOTS of vegetarian choices. Staff is happy to change things out on the menu that are not vegetarian in order to make them vegetarian. TV's showing sports. Good drinks, pleasant servers. My wife & I had a fun time here during our vacay, so we went back again on a Tuesday for $2 tacos & drinks & had even more fun than our 1st trip here! you can't beat $2 tacos & drinks in NOLA!

5  Thank kleopatra561