“Who needs the food!”

Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter
Ranked #59 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Was with a group of 13 for a weekend on Bourbon Street. If you want to be in the thick of the madness, this is your hotel. If you want a quiet romantic stay in New Orleans this is not the spot. The noisiest Hotel I was ever in. To be fair, that is why most people are here. The pool was hopping the balconies over Bourbon street were hopping and it can be fun. The guest services were excellent. Everyone was helpful. Had brunch in the Café Restaurant and it may have been the worst ever. Go out and choose many excellent places just around any corner. A unique stay in a unique city. With the right attitude you can have a blast.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thomas R

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I booked through Southwest Vacations, and personally called hotel asking specifically for a king size bed, and was told there would be no problem reserving one upon my arrival. I do not vacation with my husband to sleep in separate beds. I stressed how important this was or I would book through a hotel who could better accommodate my needs. I was told there would be one available.
Upon check-in, I was given a room with 2 full size beds. First disappointment. The receptionist, or manager (if thats what she was) told me that there was nothing she could do unless i wanted to pay for a $75 upgrade per night for the suite. She said yes indeed there was a note on there but there were none available. I booked this months in advance. I would have booked through someone else, there are several other hotels on Bourbon Street that could have given me a king size bed. The woman told me I had to make do with what I had.
Okay fine, I was upset, however at this point I had no choice. I flew in from out of state. I needed a room. The rudeness of the receptionist was unprofessional and uncalled for.
The room was very nice, very very small but nice. My husband and I cannot sleep together in a small bed, so we dealt with it as we were told. We went out for a while to enjoy the sights of Bourbon St.. It was in the high 90's out all day. We returned to our room late the first night, to an extremely HOT room! The air conditioning unit was not working. Maintenance came and attempted to fix it, however couldn't. At 3:00 am we had to move into another room cause it was unbearable. In the morning, I went to the front desk to ask if a king size bed was available yet, only the suite was. The supervisor this time was very very nice. She moved us to the suite at no extra charge. The room was very nice, I was pleased. Finally things were working out.

Again, we went out to dinner and walked to the casino and enjoyed the evening, stopped across the street to listen to the band, returning to the room to use the restroom. While sitting on the toilet, a MOUSE ran across my feet!! I let out a scream. My husband grabbed a shoe thinking he was coming to swat at a bug and the mouse ran right between his legs into the bedroom area. I called the front desk. Before they arrived security was at the door following up on a complaint from the room next door for the loud scream! Minutes later, the manager and the maintenance man were there also. It was around 2:00AM at that point, and they had all the furniture in the room moved away from the walls into the middle of the room chasing the mouse around with a vacuum cleaner! The mouse ran out of the room and they saw it run into the next room where the people called and complained about my scream!
TWO nights in a row with nothing but craziness.

I am terrified of rodents. All I could imagine was mice crawling around in my bed for the rest of our stay.
The manager on duty at the time offered us breakfast on the house. Why would I eat food from this hotel knowing there are mice running around? He then offered me a $50 credit, which by the way I have never received. Then at checkout they offered to credit me one night plus the $50, and still have not received.

My stay at this hotel was a nightmare. Its the only Sheraton I have ever stayed at that has ever been a complete disappointment. Although the rooms were very nice, the customer service was inexcusable. Its a hit or miss with the management.

Room Tip: Pick one without a mouse running across your feet!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angela H
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Angela H,
We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfying experience at our hotel. Immediately addressing pests of any kind is our priority, and we sincerely apologize for what you experienced. Additionally, it’s our goal to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests during their stay, and we are very sorry you did not receive this quality of service throughout your entire stay. Thank you for sharing with us, and we really hope we will have an opportunity to make this up to you in the future. All the best.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in excellent spot on bourbon street. Come early because they close bourbon street to cars after dark. The hotel is kept very well and you have to have a room key to go in elevators which was great. The room was large and I did have mine on bourbon so it was a little noisy but that is part of the fun. The bed was on the other side of room so sleeping was no problem. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Down side is the restaurant. Go somewhere else. You have plenty in walking distance

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank beachhaven56
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear beachhaven56,
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you took advantage of our great location right on Bourbon Street and enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for sharing with us and we hope to see you again soon. Take care.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here the Sunday night before our cruise out of New Orleans. Great location in the middle of all the action. Rooms were very small but very clean for a older hotel in french quarter. Staff very nice and helpful. Will be back !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is spacious and the staff is friendly, but avoid the rooms that overlook Bourbon St. I stayed on the 3rd floor, the noise from the street is unbearable. Street artists, preachers and drunkards just under the hotel balcony until 1 a.m.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank aldomattos
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

If you are visiting the French Quarter, I cannot think of a better location than this hotel. We were on the top floor and our room was very quiet. The hotel has a pool but I didn't get a chance to use it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pepper P

Dear Pepper p,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay. We’re ecstatic to hear you had a great stay and cannot think of a better location for your New Orleans visits. Thank you for review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. All the best.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Balcony room overlooking Bourbon St offered 24 hrs/day free entertainment! Had a great view of street entertainers and all activity on Bourbon. Was within walking distance of everything. Did not rent a car or hire a taxi in 6 days. There is also a great Market on St. Peter & Royal, just a few blocks away. Used Trivago site and saved $600+ on entire stay. Opera Cafe in Hotel - good food & reasonable. Bathroom small & room average size. Air conditioning worked great in room. When balcony door closed there was no sound from street. Staff very helpful. Security at hotel great. Recommend if love people watching. Taxi from airport $33. Parking $25/day at hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 345. Roof over balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple