“Big fun in the Big Easy!”

Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter
Ranked #57 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This hotel is fantastic! I highly suggest you upgrade to a room with a balcony. I chose to be on the pool side which was very quiet, but if you want people watching, grab a room on the street side. Inside the hotel is quiet and elegant, you'd never know Bourbon Street is right out the front door! The bar is great, yummy drinks that they will make to go if you ask. The pool was nice and the bartender will deliver food and drinks right to your chair! Water was a little cloudy. I loved New Orleans and would defiantly stay at the Four Points again. It us walking distance to everything in the French Quarter and a quick cab ride to anything else.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a balcony, pool side for quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 8, 2014

If you consider location and history then this is the place to stay. Keeping those thing s in mind won't lead you to disappointment. I took my boyfriend to New Orleans for his 45th birthday which also happened to be New Years Eve. Add the Saints game and the Sugar Bowl to all of that and it's NON-STOP from Bourbon Street to the French Market. Taking all of that in consideration then everything was AMAZING. The hotel in in the original Opera House so that alone has history (and age) to the location and the building itself so who can put blame on the little things that may not be perfect? Not me. The staff was AWESOME. The amenities were just right for our stay. We even used the workout facility a couple of times. Overall if you want a good/great hotel in the heart of EVERYTHING then this is the place to stay. The noise level was not an issue for us either.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Location! Location! Location! The Four Points is located on the corner of Bourbon and Toulouse Street in the hub of the French Quarter. The balconies on Bourbon Street offer an old world feel from which to do some memorable people watching. Dancers and musicians set up shop directly below and a Bourbon Street balcony offers front row seats! The Bourbon Street side is loud well into the early morning hours. What would you expect on Bourbon Street New Year's Eve weekend! The staff at the Four Points is tremendous! During our 3 day stay, everyone from the bell hops to the front desk to the concierge proved themselves helpful, friendly and fun. An extremely welcoming staff! My family, including three teenagers, would return to this Four Points simply because of the location and we felt sincerely welcomed by the staff. My three children -- ages 16, 19, and 21 -- thought it was great. Our rooms did offer the "heavenly bed" of which Sheraton is so proud. The lobby area is lovely. On the downside, the facility could use some TLC and updating.The room was clean. Other than the bed, the furniture was awkward and outdated. There was a visible mold spot on the bathroom ceiling where there had been a leak from above. The electrical is outdated with insufficient electrical plugs (lights had to be unplugged to charge our phones and computers) to accommodate modern needs; a multi-plug extension cord made plugging in the tv and lamps possible. Heating and plumbing problems developed during our stay. (I understand there was no running water for part of a day, but we were out and about and basically missed the event). The lock on the door to our balcony was loose and kept sticking. I had to use a credit card to jimmy it open and I ended up "locked out" on the balcony on one occasion. I reported the lock problem, but do not think anyone attended to the problem during our 3 day stay. Frankly, we were having so much fun that we chalked it up to a funny New Orleans' experience. I was just careful to keep my credit card handy either coming or going from the balcony. It is really a shame that Sheraton has not given this historic old hotel the attention it deserves. It could be excellent.

Room Tip: If you want the location, but not the noise of Bourbon Street, ask to face the courtyard/pool. But...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KCCplus3
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights the weekend after Christmas. Upon check-in, I told the desk clerk it was my birthday trip and asked if we could have a balcony room over the street. Not only did he come through with that (he put us on Toulouse Street so we wouldn't be kept awake until 4am, and I had a great view of Bourbon Street from my balcony), he gave me a card for a free birthday drink from their bar. The bartender makes a great Hurricane! Although the room was smaller than most hotels, it captured the essence of the French Quarter perfectly. The bed was super comfy and you could get lost in the comforter. Since we were on Bourbon Street, we were able to walk everywhere. If you ever get a chance to vist NOLA, the best place to stay is in the heart of the French Quarter, and Four Points is definitely in the heart of it all! Every employee we encounterd, from the parking valet to the clerk at check out, was friendly, helpful and seemed truly glad that you were there.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is on Bourbon Street, make sure you know how to get to the hotel without having to d...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hotel in a top location in French Quarter in New Orleans....Room size is small..that would not be a negative IF it were updated. The walls are so thin, I could hear "clearly" what people were staying in the next room over, including their TV noise. On the top floor (fifth), no street noise (on Bourbon Street)...but hall noise and other room noise was a definate unexpected annoyance. Bathroom small double french doors open in and switches for lighting were 'behind' the one door on the wall so you had to be in the bathroom, move the door away from the wall, to access the light switch? Had a uncomfortable chair to sit at a "desk/dresser" combo...internet was non-existent..wasn't functioning..luckily I have a WiFi hotspot on my smart phone I am using to write this experience. Room just felt crowded, not inviting. $30. a night for parking and it had to be "valet"....the one positive was the desk folks were polite.
As I was exploring the area on foot, there are many hotels and places to stay in this area...worth checking out next visit. I won't be checking in here, and I am not one that is "picky"....LaQuintas I've stayed in were much better equipped, layout and updated than this hotel, hands down. Sound proof!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear willisjohn,
I am so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had while staying at our hotel, but I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience so that we may improve upon it for future guest stays. I have passed this review along to our management team for future learnings. While I am glad to hear that the staff was a bright spot in your stay, I am sorry that the room you had was not to your liking. I am not sure at what point in time you stayed at the hotel, but we have recently just completed a renovation and “face-lift” to our property, including guestrooms and meeting space, and in fact, we were awarded the Top New and Renovated Meeting Space award from ConventionSouth magazine, so I encourage you to come back again and give us another try so you can see all the improvements that we have made. Again, I am so sorry that your stay with us was not enjoyable, but I do hope that the rest of your time in the French Quarter was much better.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The front lobby was nice..... Customer service was nonexistent. For some reason they thought it was ok to load are belongings up before checkout and have them downstairs in a pile waiting for us when we got back from breakfast. Phone chargers disappeared as well..

Room Tip: Get a room that opens to the shared balcony and faces Bourbon St
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank halfpricemattress

Dear halfpricemattress,
I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a pleasant one, but I do appreciate you taking the time to write this review so that we can learn from our mistakes for the future, especially in regards to the customer service you felt you didn’t receive. I have passed this review along to our management team so that they are aware, and I encourage you to reach out to our general manager, Beth Ables (B.Ables@fourpointsfrenchquarter.com), who would be happy to discuss the matters further, especially in regards to your phone charger if that has not already been resolved. Again, I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than enjoyable, but I hope that the rest of your time in the French Quarter was a better experience.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here 4 nights during New Years Eve and the days leading up to the Sugar Bowl. The location is tremendous! Right in the middle of Bourbon Street, around all the action, and the other things you want to see (cemeteries, casino, riverfront, etc.) are all a short walk away. Also, the staff is tremendously friendly and helpful. From the front desk staff, to management, to the bell hops, and housekeeping—everyone was great. The rooms, while small, are not tiny, have comfortable beds, modern TVs, and renovated bathrooms. By the way, to everyone who complains about the noise—the hotel is on Bourbon Street what did you expect? If you want quiet, stay somewhere else! The rest of the hotel is clean and modern.

BUT …

A lot of things broke which caused major inconveniences for the guests. On New Years Eve, the hotel did not have running water for a good portion of the day. Guests couldn’t shower, flush the toilet, etc. It was bad and gross. The hotel tried to keep guests informed, but with the exception of management, did not have much of a sense of urgency or acknowledge the seriousness of the problem. Also on the same day, the heat stopped working. Granted it wasn’t freezing that day, but it was 40 degrees and raining, so a good portion of the hotel, including guests’ rooms, was quite cold. One of the two elevators were broken which caused long wait times going to and from your room. And lastly, the phone in the room didn’t work which made it frustrating trying to obtain information from the hotel about the maintenance issues.

It’s unfortunate everything important in the hotel seemed to break or need fixing, because the location really is wonderful and the staff is first class.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bill W

Dear Bill W,
Thank you so much for your kind words in regards to the hotel and staff, we are glad to hear that you found so many positive attributes about the hotel during your stay. I am, however, very sorry that your stay ended up not being a positive experience due to all the maintenance issues that you faced while on property. I do appreciate you taking the time to write this review and let us know about the problems that arose during your stay so that we may learn from the experience and improve upon it for future guest stays. I have passed this review along to our management team so that they are aware of both the positive and negative aspects that you experienced, and again, I am so sorry that your stay turned out to be less than enjoyable. I do hope that the rest of your time spent in the French Quarter was much better.