Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
  • Breakfast included
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$259
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
$138
$102
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$109
$104
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
1,137 results
All reviewsbalcony roombourbon streettoulouse streetgreat locationfrench quarterstreet performerspeople watchingsecurity guardroom keynoise from the streetbeds were very comfortablefrench doorsfront desk staffvalet parkingmardi graswalking distance to everythingjackson square
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and the front desk and restaurant staffs are great. However, the housekeepers are very unfriendly and the rooms need some serious maintenance and cleaning. We dropped our bags in the room (a very dark room they call a "junior suite") and hit the quarter. When we returned that night we noticed how nasty the room really was: raggedy, stained carpet that had not been vacuumed in a long time - there was even old rice under the edge of the desk and something like gum was mashed into the carpet between the beds; chipped paint on almost every surface; water-stained valance above the door to a balcony shared by three or four rooms (not the most secure set up). The special treat was pulling down the covers on one of the beds the first night and discovering a yellow-ish, crusty dried body fluid on the "clean" sheet. I called for new sheets and after waiting for about 20 minutes I headed down to get them myself but ran into the attendant who was obviously in no hurry. I changed the sheets and went to bed.
The next morning in the bathroom (that only one person could fit in at a time), I noticed BLOOD splatters going down the wall behind the bathroom door (maid figured no one would look behind the door?). I left a tip and note for the floors to be vacuumed and extra towels and went to speak to the manager. He apologized and offered to change our room, but we declined and just needed the room cleaned - really cleaned. We returned from breakfast to find the maid finishing up and found the blood splatters mostly gone but the carpet just as nasty as it was when we checked in. After calling housekeeping to request vacuuming (third time's the charm), the maid showed up and finally used the vacuum - and all the stuff on the carpet magically disappeared into the machine (amazing what happens when you actually use the vacuum). No other issues once I switched to writing in Spanish on the notes for the maid. One day the maid made up the bed with a shirt in it (really? it was a dark shirt against white sheets) and I overheard one of the bellmen make a homophobic comment (on Decadence weekend, no less). Kept the balcony door locked for security, and it wasn't really usable anyway since the garbage and old cigarette butts back there stank.
Room was overpriced for the lack of quality (and cleanliness) and we discovered, despite being told the opposite, that there were rooms like ours with balconies facing the street. I would probably stay here again because of the location, but they really need to get their maintenance and cleaning folks to work asap.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andynnj
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not a first-class hotel,(maybe 3 1/2 stars out of 5) but perfect location if you like the French Quarter. Right on Bourbon Street a few blocks east of Canal St. My room lacks a desk (needed, andwhich there's plenty of room for.) Older (historic) but remodeled building, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, large LCD TV, reasonable prices. I recommend the Onion Soup at the Cafe.

Room Tip: Ask for location NOT facing Bourbon Street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent seven full days here, Tuesday to Tuesday. It was the perfect spot for Southern Decadence. Not in the middle of it all in terms gay-world (that would be St. Ann and Bourbon) but only three blocks off. It was crazy-noisy from the balcony we had on Bourbon Street, so I wore earplugs to sleep (even though we rarely wen to bed before 3:30 or 4am, it was still loud!) But that was to be expected and part of the fun. Great staff, very respectful. They check room keys after dark, which I really appreciated. And we hung out on our balcony in just our underwears and threw beads to the men who earned it, and never got any grief. Very open to all types, very gay friendly. It was clean, too. And no smell of smoke. We would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bourbon Street balcony if you want to be where all the action is. And get it on the second or third floor. Anything higher and you are too far away to see the goods.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a great hotel if you want to be right on Bourbon Street. You're in the mix of all the activities and within walking distance to many restaurants. We were given a king suite at no additional cost. It was very nice. We had a balcony which we did not use as it was very hot outside. The staff was very kind. The concierge was very helpful and set up the tours that we wanted to take. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank purplemoon4
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great location if you want to be in the mix of all that Bourbon street has to offer. The rooms are a bit small but they serve their purpose. It looks like they are in the process of a remodel so I think that will make the rooms much better. Get a balcony to enjoy the sites out of the crowd. The service and staff were great. I applaud David who is one of the managers. I had a mix up with my reservation and he took care of it immediately. I will stay here again for sure

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends