“Right on Bourbon St.”

Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter
Ranked #59 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I, along with a couple of friends, decided to give this hotel a try on our next trip to the Big Easy. The hotel had its good points and bad ones. Let me start with the good. This was the 5th time I had visited New Orleans. I've always stayed in the French Quarter but this was the first time staying at this hotel. I have never stayed at a hotel in N.O. that was this close to Bourbon St. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your personal taste. It was a big plus for us being located literally on Bourbon St. It was easy to get to all the tourist destinations and grab a few drinks on Bourbon St. and then make a quick escape back to our room. We even had a balcony where we were able to throw beads at people on Bourbon St. The cleanliness of the room was on par with what you'd expect for a French Quarter Hotel. I did like that not just anyone off Bourbon could walk into the hotel, you had to show your room card every time. As far as the bad, we did have some issues with the room's AC. It was not working and we called to have it looked at. The person who came in mentioned something about the doors to the balcony needing to be closed which made no sense since they didn't have any sensors. The AC continued to malfunction with the doors closed which made us think he was just making it up. We just chalked it up to a bad/lazy employee not doing his job and left it at that.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony on Bourbon St. is a must if you want to get the full effect of what NoLa night...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear js1405,

Thank you for choosing us on your trip to New Orleans. We are very glad that you stayed at Four Points French Quarter and we are so happy that our close location to Bourbon Street met your needs. We do apologize about the issue with the air conditioning unit, and will investigate with our maintenance stuff regarding the employee that gave you your listed explanation. We hope to see you again should visit this area in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Staff is the absolute best, very clean, comfy beds and it's all about the great location. Right in the middle of all the excitement, couldn't ask for a better place. Security at the front door is good which is appreciated . You have to book the different tours , I really enjoyed the City Tour, the boat ride in the Bayou's visitng the wild life and the evening on the Natchez great food, music and great boat ride

Room Tip: On the pool side if you wnat a good night sleep otherwise very noisy, lot's of music and noise o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Fripou1,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the French Quarter and that our hotel could meet your expectations. We can't wait to see you again on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

And if you like your bums and husslers right on top of you this is the place. Bourbon street smells like the bottom of a dumpster.You smell this odor every time you open the door, go onto your balcony etc.. This staff of this hotel act as if they are the only property in the entire French Quarter. You have a reservation? They'll see if they can accommodate you but if not, there's the door, "go somewhere else" I over heard as checking in with someone who thought they had made reservations 4 months in advance. As some other reviews mention there is a "security guard" at the door. (Desk Clerk) Because they need one. As is the norm in the French Quarter parking is $30 a day, taxes etc.. you're looking at $300 a day for the pleasure of dodging the homeless and husslers of Bourbon Street while smelling the bottom of a dumpster. IF we ever go back to the French Quarter it will not be for a stay at the Four Points. It is simply not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff1725

Dear Geoff1725,

Please accept our apologies for the discussion you heard between our staff and another guest. We will be speaking with our front desk associates regarding this situation. Unfortunately the odors outside the door are beyond our control, but we work hard to ensure that we have someone stationed by the door to ensure that our guests are safe and taken care of. We hope that you will give us another chance during your next stay in New Orleans. Please contact Beth Ables, the General Manager, at b.ables@fourpointsfrenchquarter and she will ensure your next stay is taken care of from start to finish.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

All things considered this place is pretty clean and safe for the middle of Bourbon St. We went here as a group of 10 professionals, partied on Bourbon and had a clean safe place to crash. Once the craziness starts this place has a guard on the front door checking passes and keeping the riff raff out.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs, you are on Bourbon St
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hotel is located right in the middle of Bourbon Street got a great deal on it throuh Southwest Airlines Vacations. I stayed in room 215 at the very back corner was very quite at night but the room was a little noisy in the morning as it appears there is a service elevator near the room and it is by a parking lot. The staff is very freindly and goes out of thier way for you. Was amazed thee deskclerk remebered my name each time I entered and left at night.

Room Tip: I would not stay in 215 by fire exit again
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The service was phenomenal. Staff is always polite and goes above and beyond. Believe me, for New Orleans that's hard to find. For example, one of the days I had a cigarette in my hand in the lobby (there are no smoking rooms). A hotel maid was just passing by and hands me a towel "for outside". I thought she meant for the pool and I did not want to correct her out of politeness. I walk out to the patio and see a gentleman spraying everything down. I realize the chairs are wet and the maid had given me a towel to sit on without my needing to request one. Once I got out there, the man working outside stopped immediately and went inside until I was done so that I could have quiet while I smoked! Another example: I wanted breakfast from their lovely restaurant that is inside the hotel (only hotel access is wonderful as it keeps all the rowdy tourists from milling in). I wanted something made that was not on their menu but I knew they had the ingredients. No problem. The waiter gave no fuss, the chef delivered it to the table personally to make sure it suited me, and when it rang up it wasn't priced any different than a normal meal. The wait staff are abnormally pleasant and attentive without intruding on your meal.

The beds are some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on; as are the pillows! Granted I am a female weighing around 125 so I cannot review for a larger male.

I had a room with a poolside view. You can request balcony rooms facing bourbon or the side street. Honestly, the pool is more relaxing if you are there for business (makes you forget the french quarter). If you are trying to experience Bourbon street by all means get a balcony but it will be noisy. Even from my room I could hear loud music and such out on the street. Bourbon street is never quiet, so if you want to sleep on Bourbon side and don't plan on doing so from passing out drunk, bring earplugs.

Overall, my favorite hotel I have stayed at in the French Quarter/CBD area of New Orleans!

Room Tip: Poolside balconies are very relaxing
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The rooms are remodeled and nice. For the price, I would give the rooms 5 stars, but my room had 2 huge red stains on the carpet near the bed, so there was the creep factor. I am sure it was just a spilled hurricane. . . The windows faced Bourbon street, so it was not quiet at night.
This hotel does not have a very attractive restaurant, so eat your meals elsewhere. Also, the service could be better. Having to get out of the shower and call housekeeping,after you realize the shampoo and conditioner have not been refilled, is not fun. Aside from these cons, the hotel is in the middle of all the action, but French Quarter is so small, it i shard not to be.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the courtyard, NOT Bourbon street or any cross street
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business