“Inn on Bourbon - Central Location”

Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter
Ranked #58 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great location. Close to everything. We had a side street balcony room on Toulouse Street. Street noise was not an issue for us. The room was pretty nice. Carpet worn but the bed & bedding were nice. The bathroom was small, but was all the room we needed with the extra counter top. The shower was great. I was afraid the older hotel wouldn't have good water flow, but it was perfect. There wasn't a lamp on the desk & the room was pretty dark which was an issue for me because I put my makeup on at the desk while my husband is in the shower. The Hubs had to call 3 times to get an iron delivered to the room. Valet service was quick & polite. Absolutely no attitude from any hotel staff* but the bellman & valet staff were the friendliest.
*Do NOT let the front desk staff send you to Deanie's Seafood. Terrible!

Room Tip: Toulouse Street balcony room was nice. You can see Bourbon Street, but if you want to be in the acti...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights in September while attending a conference in the hotel. Several unfinished renovations in the making. Ceiling in 2nd floor hallway has been cut open and patched throughout. Room itself was small and had stains on the carpet. Very loud if you have a room on Bourbon St.

Refreshments for the conference facilities left a lot to be desired. Ran out of napkins, cups, coffee and the attendant was slow to respond to request for items to be replenished.

Lunch menu in the restaurant was very limited, service was slow, and food was just average. Many better options by walking a block or two to other restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed for 1 night recently and was doubtful about the central Bourbon location BUT had upper floor courtyard so felt like I was in a chateau with the most HEAVENLY BED! Room service breakfast was prompt and eggs cooked perfection. Bathroom is small but nice French furniture. The front desk service was spotty so some need better training. I believe Sheraton has made and continues to make improvements to lobby and lounge feel. Jazz duo was nice touch but when you step onto Bourbon be ready for the action. Enjoyed Pat O'Briens, Blues Club and Zydeco nearby!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

THE GOOD:

(Was recently The Inn on Burbon) If you’re looking for a great location in probably the best spot possible on Burbon Street then this is the place for you. You right in the heart of all the parting with the best clubs and bars within 100 feet of your location. The hotel is nice and the rooms are adequate with balconies overlooking Burbon if you’re into bead throwing and observing the fun. They have a piano bar and full restaurant with a nice pool and valet to boot.

THE BAD:

1. The guest service at the front desk and restaurants left a lot to be desired. The front desk refused to let us check in before 3 PM even though the maids told us all the rooms were ready. So, I understand and they said they would call me when I could check in. Well, that call never came and I had to come back and request that we have our room before they said it was ok. Poor customer service front desk!! The front desk seemed annoyed all the time and wasn’t too pleasant with any request we made all weekend.

2. I hate hotels that try to nickel and dime you for everything and this place left me with this impression. Since the name change, it seems like the price for everything has gone up. Ill bend on the fact rooms are still moderately priced for the location but be prepared to add $30 p/tax per night for parking. This is price gouging especially since were staying at the hotel and paying premium prices for everything else!!

3. If you want coffee after 8 AM be prepared to pay $3 a cup. I got there at 8:02 AM and even though I was paying for 4 nights (2 balcony rooms Fri-Sat over $1000), they still made me pay $6 for two cups of coffee and they were even a little upset that I didn’t tip them. This annoyed me!! Don’t nickel and dime people!!

4. We had breakfast and the food was very good but the customer service was poor. Our waitress seemed like she didn’t want to be there and was very slow at getting out drinks refilled. Same attitude as the front desk! Also, $15 for an average looking buffet- come on guys- that’s insane!! Especially since it was significantly cheaper to order off the menu!

5. One last thing, don’t expect to sleep much if you’re staying on the burbon street side because the loud music is very evident until 4 AM but we went to party so that wasn’t an issue for us.

CONCLUSION:

As far as a nightlife location, this place is hard to beat. They need to work on their customer service and friendliness a lot. Just because they have a good product doesn’t mean they need to be so cocky or uninterested in guest request. Try smiling some and hey, if a guest is paying over $1000 a weekend for his stay, give him a cup of coffee, even if he is a few minutes late. How about this, give free coffee to all guests until noon!!! It’s all about customer server people!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chad B
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here during spring break with a few girlfriends (a total of four of us in a 2 queen room) and boy was it totally worth it! For a 7 day, 6 night stay we each paid about $250/ each which was less than some hotels that didn't have such a great location.

As stated in the title the location canNOT be beat -- right on the corner of Bourbon and Toulouse, you are right in the middle of the action. However, being right in the middle of the action does come with the price -- it can be very noisy. Our room was right on Bourbon street, so we could hear the blaring of the music from the club across the street until the wee hours of the morning. However, I cannot repeat this anymore -- the location cannot be beat. We were in walking distance to everything and it was an easy stumble back to the hotel room after a night out. The bathroom was a tad bit on the smaller side (and the bathroom door was a tad bit awkward), as was the room itself -- but there is a nice pool to use and again, location, location, location.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for young singles or wayward adventurers. Families and/or couples looking for less of the "party" atmosphere may want to request a room further away from the street (where it may not be quite as loud) or may want to look elsewhere. However (again lol), the location is insane and the price is great -- I will definitely stay here again! Although I will probably ask for a room not so close to Bourbon the second time around. :)

Room Tip: If you're looking for peace and quiet, get a room away from Bourbon street.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carissa G
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I recently went to NOLA with a girlfriend who had been there several times and stayed here. I was a little leery about staying on the corner of Toulouse and Bourbon. I was afraid there would be no sleeping due to the noise all night. We asked for a room on the back and didn't hear a thing all night! The staff was so friendly and helpful with anything we asked of them. The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were absolutely heaven! The pool was also very relaxing to sit by and have a drink away from the crowds. We got a deal on the price...2 nights for the price of 3 so we were happy with the cost! It is so close to everything and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you dont want the noise of the party goers, request a room on the backside.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The most dense intersection in the French Quarter is said to be that of Bourbon St and Toulouse. Well they are probably right...It is the most rip roaring, lively, partying, drinking, dancing environment....and I LOVE IT.
I Love The Crazy and it is right outside the Inn on Bourbon. And with balconies, you don't miss a thing. The rooms were small, but quite quaint and comfy, very frenchy..They have the balcony, if you upgrade, a pool, and a fitness room. Conveniently located on Bourbon St and a short walk to Canal St and Jackson Square and Royal ST..Very unique, the building used to be an Opera House! And they still have the horse posts out front from when you arrived at the Opera House by horse and carriage, and had to 'park' your horse. lol

Room Tip: Not a hotel for light sleepers because the partying goes on allllllllll...night
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple