“Oasis in the middle of the Fun!”

Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter
Ranked #58 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Spent the weekend here for our anniversary. Hotel is right on Bourbon Street. Plenty of entertainment right outside the door. But nice and quiet inside. Nice pool. Great inexpensive breakfast in the on site restaurant. Valet parking. An excellent staycation!

Room Tip: Ask for a Bourbon View balcony if you really want some fun! Of course you won't get much sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were thrilled with our stay at the Sheraton Four Points. The front desk was accommodating, friendly, and helpful. We loved the history and archetecture of the building. Outside is crazy and in the heart of the Bourbon street action. Stepping inside this hotel was a relief from the craziness outside and great peace. It's a nice walk to get to Cafe du Monde which was a real treat and the great restaurants in the Quarter. Parking is pricey but we never had to drive until we left.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had reservations for two adjoining rooms for eight days for a weeklong conference in the hotel made nearly a year in advance. Although we were an early arrival, the front desk did not hold our reservation, was not able to provide adjoining rooms until near the end of the week, and refused to compensate us for our inconvenience. As guest 60+, it was apparent that this Sheraton Four Points management does not understand or is concerned for customer service.

Room Tip: Be ready to renegotiate your room reservation upon arrival.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John P
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Normally I would have rated this property a 'three' but I am giving this one a 'four' because I am comparing it to other hotels in the French quarter, most of which are not as up-to-date. This hotel is old and it is showing some wear. I believe they were a Ramada/Wyndam property but are now a Sheraton. They may have contributed to some of the maintenance that was going on. For those of you seeking a birdseye view of the soul crushing depravity of Bourbon Street, they have rooms for you facing Bourbon. For those of you that grew out of that, you may want to ask for a room on the 'courtyard' side. I did that. My view consisted of a view of a parking garage so you may need to be a bit more specific and ask for a view of the courtyard pool. I didn't use the pool as 90 and humid is not my idea of a good weather condition to 'lay-out' in, but it did appear to be clean and there were people using it.

As for the room, it was small with a very small bathroom. The wife and I managed fine, not quite sure what a family might have done. The water for the shower has hot and the pressure was not bad even though they had a water-saver on the showerhead. The main complaint with the bathroom is that the shower gel, shampoo and conditioner ran out. I generally like the little bottles of complimentary tiolettries, these products were in a bulk dispenser installed as a deterent I suppose for others like me. I couldn't beleive they were not refilled during our stay.

The air conditioning for the room was FANTASTIC. It really cooled of the room and for a bonus was virtually silent. No problem sleeping at all.The room was a respite from the 90 degree heat and humidity for this late July visit. My wife thought that the wireless Internet was a bit slow, but I used it and had no trouble. The only negative was the room smelled like grease very similar to the smell of the French quarter itself. We stayed four nights...you get used to it.

The resturant was nothing to write home about. I ate breakfast there for the convinience and the service was good and the food was edible. I don't know what the food was like at other meals. There are lots for options at a variety of price points in the French quarter.

Should you not get enough excercise in the French quarter they have an excercise room. It has two treadmills, an excercise bike and a small weight bench with free weights. It was never busy when I went to use it. The other bonus is that it has a 5-gal. bottled water bottle convienient for refilling the water bottle for rehydration purposes when you are sightseeing.

They have a nice concierege and front desk staff that were helpful and cheerful. All in all a very good stay.

Room Tip: If you want sleep, request the 'courtyard' rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Newaygo
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nites in early june. Great location if you are a drinker. Every nite is a party in the streets. I was there with a tour group. The rooms need some tender loving care. The plus is it is in the middle of the French Quarter and in within walking distance of everything

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jerryw38
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I made reservations at the INN ON BOURBON in June of 2012 for another 5 nights in August. I checked on my reservation on Junly 16, 2012 and GUESS WHAT??? the Four Points by Sheraton doubled my rate!! Unbelieveable that a hotel would outsource their reservations to another company and sell out. I can't even talk to anyone at the Inn on Bourbon as they USED to be called to inquire about this change. Please please check on your reservation. We opted for the Hotel Saint Marie. Aargh, how frustrating!

Room Tip: go to another hotel. this is ridicilous!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ccircleb
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I must give the highest marks possible after our stay this past weekend for a bachelor party. As the bachelor, upon immediate check-in, the staff was incredibly accommodating--upgrading our Bourbon balcony room to a Bourbon junior suite with an unbelievable patio. They also upgraded our other three rooms from interior double-bed rooms to three Toulouse street balcony rooms. We didn't expect any of this, but it made all of the difference in the world for our stay. The staff accommodated us throughout the weekend and was incredibly gracious--even when the occasional member of our group had a little too much to drink. The pool was sufficient and a great place to relax for an afternoon. And as many others have said and will continue to stay, the location is absolutely ideal for those most interested in the action. I will never stay at another hotel in New Orleans.

Room Tip: For the action, Room 337 might be the best room in NOLA. If you can afford to splurge for a junior...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends