“Our FAVORITE spot :)”

and up
New Orleans Machine Gun and Airboat Tour
Ranked #21 of 379 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature reserve, consisting of several sections, preserves significant examples of the natural and cultural resources of the Mississippi Delta region.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Jean Lafitte's for YEARS! When we want to enjoy a sunny afternoon outside looking at the gators and wildlife, or just want to go hiking in the winter to get some quality time together.. this is where we go. We've been bringing friends new in town that have never seen the swamp as well! In our opinion, this is the best place to go to look at the REAL swamp. Not what the tourist guides show you. I've been there so many times but I just can't get enough :) It's a long walk but the very end of the boardwalk is the BEST part for the incredible view!

1  Thank Christine S

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I marked this as average. I'm sure the daily swamp tours are awesome, but this review is of the haunted swamp tours they have in oct on the weekends. The staff was great and helpful, they show you a baby gator, there is a Nutria and bigger alligators on display. There is live music and food and drinks at the dock. When you go on the tour, It is a little boring and not really scary for adults. The ticket was 25.00. The boat ride was fun, but it was really just not scary at all. This would probably be big fun for nine and ten year olds.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you want a free introductory walking tour of New Orleans, take in the free tours they offer every morning at 9:30 am (be there before the time as there is a limit on the number of people they take on the walking tour).

The park rangers are quite knowledgeable and enthusiastic to tell the history of the area. They do not go into the French Quarters (I think those are reserved for private tour operators), but the tour gives you a fairly good introduction to the area around Jackson Square and along the Mississippi river.

The tour lasts approximately over and hour (depending on weather conditions - bring a raincoat just in case) and starts at the visitor's center and ends in Jackson Square in front of St. Louis Cathedral.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I did't get this display. It was all over the place. Food to war to pirates, Lets just say I left there more confused about who this guy was then when I went in. I normally LOVE national parks. This one.......nah.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I wanted to go on a swamp tour but I took a recommendation from my tour guide at Nola Tour Guy and drove out here instead. It was great, I took a hike on a raised wooden path through the swamps and saw and alligator! It's just a short drive from the city and worth it!