“great place, great atmosphere”

Rock n Bowl - Mid City Lanes
Ranked #5 of 26 Fun & Games in New Orleans
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went there after looking up locations for Cajun music. I found this place and went over not knowing what to expect since I just remembered the name, but no description or anything. When I got there I saw this beautiful old time lighting and advertisement on the side of the wall. Inside it's a nice bowling alley in the back part of the hall. In the front there is a big dance floor and a stage for the musicians and a bar. It was so much fun to see how people of all ages danced the two step to the Cajun music. I;m pretty sure other music style is played there too. I would check out their website. And then you can always do some bowling.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

OK, it's a bowling ally, no it's the biggest dance floor in town, no it's a huge horseshoe bar, or maybe a place for some good Bar n Grill food. All previous statements are correct. We visit NOLA once a year during Jazz Fest and we always make time to visit Rock n Bowl. It is one of those places that will make you say "You just have to see it". Everyone we see there is smiling, laughing, dancing and bowling. Great local talent on stage too.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Retro styled bowling alleys with a full open bar featuring local beers on tap. But, the catch that makes this the best bowling alley I have ever been to is really good live music and a very large hopping dance floor.

While visiting Nola with my family we struggled to find places with live local music that we could take our kids to with us. This was perfect we bowled first then stayed for the live swing band. The band had a following and the dance floor was hoppin! We all danced, including my two teens, for hours. Two pool tables were family friendly and we were even invited to come back the next day for two step lessons. The crowd was nicely mixed with seniors, teens, families etc. Plentynof parking and an easy drive from the quarter. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Kaycee767
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is just so much fun. The dancing and crowds are just so much fun. Lots of local regulars and that makes our visit so much more fun.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Rock n Bowl is fun and a great way for visitors to get to know a local favoite hang-out. You will not be bored and come as you are..... there is food, festivity, dancing, bowling, great music..and of course, cocktails are plenty!!!!