“Try it, you'll like it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Streetcar Cafe - CLOSED

Streetcar Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Harrison,MI
“Try it, you'll like it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We happened upon this place when we were looking for a quick bite in the CBD. We were so glad that we did. We actually ended up eating here several times on our trip and were never disappointed. The food was fantastic! I had the club sandwich and it was the best that I had ever tasted. My husband loved the red beans and rice and gyro. The prices beat anything that you would pay for in the Quarter and the food is just as good. Next time we are in the city, we will be sure to stop.

• Visited April 2013

“Always out of beignets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went for breakfast because it was close and a good price, but it seems like it is a regular thing to run out of beignets very early. But the choot'em alligator omelet is quite tasty! Other foods are just typical of a local waffle house, but the gyro sounds good as well

New Orleans
“Quintessential New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Don't let the atmosphere (or lack of) scare you away. I've lived in the New Orleans area for over 20 years, and this little place is what New Orleans food is all about. Classic, down-home true New Orleans cooking -- slow-cooked beef po boys dripping with gravy. smoky red beans and rice, fried seafood and the like. The po boys are HUGE. Unless you are 7 feet tall and really, really hungry, I can't imagine finishing more than a half (though I'm sure a lot of people do.) It's kind of a hole-in-the-wall -- I'm not even sure they have air conditioning) but the food more than makes up for it. The ladies behind the counter are true New Orleanians and will go out of their way to please you. It used to be a Greek restaurant and there are still some greek offerings on the menu, which is kind of strange, but they are delicious as well.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank gemmom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Great spot to grab lunch. Try the roast beef poboy. You wont disappointed. She makes the roast beef onsite and it is to die for.

“Best burger I've ever had!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The ladies who worked here were very friendly, and took the time to explain to us (new to New Orleans cuisine) some of the things on the menu (what exactly a po boy is.) I had a hamburger po boy and it was the best burger I've ever had!

• Visited May 2013