“Yuck - with a side of deep fried grease”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Streetcar Cafe - CLOSED

Streetcar Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Houma, Louisiana
“Yuck - with a side of deep fried grease”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

went for breakfast. Nearly walked out once we got our food. Prices are ok until you look at the bill $2 for one sasuage patty....
Both DH and I got pancakes which were drenched in grease (gave him an upset stomach the entire weekend) I only ate 1/2 of one of mine they were so bad. Sasuage looked like it had been cooked the day before and put back on the skillet in the grease the pancakes were in....
OJ was poured out of a jug in front of us (not sure how sanitary that is) they were out of ice so we couldn't get sodas. Place didn't look clean either. I know that alot of places in NOLA don't look so appealing and have good food but this one was not one of them. Don't eat here unless you need to *ahem* clean out your inner plumbing....

• Visited June 2012

Ft Walton Beach FL
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our breakfast was tasty, although plain. The staff member who took our order was surly and inattentive. The restaurant was clean but very worn. Nothing inside vaguely reminded us of a streetcar. We should have gone to IHOP.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank REEF_Surfer_8
Washington
“Good prices, not much else to recommend.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Cheap breakfast but not much else to recommend this place. Pass it by for another spot.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank vidiverbill
Clearwater, Florida
“Great Gumbo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

One two different days, we stopped by for the gumbo. Really local "greasy spoon" restaurant, good food, reasonable prices, friendly cooks, lots of local patrons. Would recommend to any visitor.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Lee R
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local flavor, great food, huge portions, reasonable prices, nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Went for breakfast. I used to live in N.O. as a child and I asked the cook to surprise me with something a homesick homeboy would enjoy. She said "I feel you; I'll fix you up." She prepared an excellent omelette with sausage, shrimp, onions and mushrooms smothered in crawfish and shrimp with a side of shrimp and grits. It was fantastic. My son really enjoyed his ham and cheese omelette. The coffee was smooth and strong. The owner was nice and we got to talk about the restaurant. He's a real N.O. boy. I'll go back.

• Visited April 2012