“great cauliflower!”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Baton Rouge
“great cauliflower!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

That whole roasted cauliflower is a special, fabulous treat, especially if you're dining with a vegetarian! Nice wine list, too. Bit loud for my taste and the decor is sort of dated looking, already. I'd go back, but I wouldn't rush...

Visited February 2013

bay st louis
“Keep walking”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Mix drinks in a small plastic cup. For what we paid for a crown and coke it should have been much better. We went for it was next to hotel. Bar is not bad but come on drinks were served in a cup that was just like the one in the hotel room next to the bathroom sink. Why pay top price for a drink we could make in our hotel room.

• Visited January 2013
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Our Dominic's Was Different”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just got back from New Orleans, and the reviews here describe a place that sounds like the Dominic's Bar that we visited ... up to a point. Like the other reviewers, we were directed to Dominic's by our hotel doorman, who said that one could smoke in there--always a priority for Bill. However, no food was being served. And the address seems wrong, too, because the Dominic's that we went to was in the same neighborhood, and on Carondelet, but much closer to Canal. The description of the bartender fits perfectly, BUT you couldn't find a nicer, more sensitive, interesting bartender than we met if you tried! The possible explanation: our bartender had quit drinking.

If you're looking for a no-frills New Orleans "Cheers" bar outside the French Quarter, where everyone knows your name if you're a local, and the stories flow as freely as the booze, this is the place for you. Don't be scared, and leave your out-of-town attitude at the door.

Of course I could be wrong and you'll end up being assaulted and cussed by the bartender when you go, but I don't think so. Just look for a Dominic's that's on Carondelet no more than 2-3 blocks off Canal.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Suzymobile47
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Happy Hour”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Happy Hour 3 til 6PM. Half price Pizza, and half price Glasses of wine. $7 for a glass of wine is better than $14. Pizza great . Fun atmosphere. Even went back a few days later and paid full price.

Visited January 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The Bar From Hell”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed in the hotel next to this bar, and was recommended the bar by the doorman. A crowd of us went to the bar, made up of Americans, British and Canadians.This was my fourth visit to New Orleans and I must say this is by far the worst bar I've ever been in. The barman was a surly rude guy, who snatched the money and made snide comments when serving drinks. We tipped far more than the other American people drinking there, but this made no difference to his manner. He clearly has an attitude problem and a huge chip on his shoulder. I think he may well be the same guy mentioned below. If it was, I agree the guy IS a moron. My advice to people visiting the great city of New Orleans is, don't put up with the rudeness, find a better bar there are plenty around.

• Visited November 2011