“Fantastic!”

and up
Strange True Tours of New Orleans
Ranked #46 of 228 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Our small groups and our highly trained guides offer entertaining and unique stories of our amazing city. We offer the ORIGINAL adult oriented history tour Strange True Tour, (a PG 13 tour) Cemetery Tour, Ghost Tours, and Bike tours. Our small groups and entertaining guides sets apart from the large groups and random guides of other companies.
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The Strange True tour is fantastic! Jeffrey is phenomenal, funny, and SO so knowledgable. If you would like a historically accurate tour with some really fun facts...this is the best tour for you!

2  Thank Stephanie L

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The day I was booked for a tour, Jeffrey had taken ill so Mark filled in for him. It ended up being just me and him for a couple of hours and it was great.

Mark is enthusiastic but not pedantic. He didn't just blather on from memory - he asked what sorts of things interested me and adapted his talk to subjects I was interested in, be it history, cultural stuff, interesting visuals or even subjects that had little to do with NOLA.

The time flew by, which was the sign of a good tour. Thanks Mark and I hope you find that book!

1  Thank jaihanuman
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Signed up for this tour because of positive reviews on line. Mark was the tour guide and had so many interesting stories about the history of the city. Very informative and enjoyable.

1  Thank Scott_R60
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Jeffrey, the tour guide was such an amazing storyteller. He not only tells you the facts about New Orleans, but he makes sure the facts are accurate. He does his research by interviewing those who had first hand knowledge of the events he is telling about. We talked a great deal about the true facts about Katrina. He also tells you the true story of VooDoo Mary and Madame Wallace. I'm not going to tell you here to give it all away. Go see Jeffrey for that!!!
When my friend Lisa and I went on the tour, we were the only two booked that day. Jeffrey did such a great job customizing the tour with us as we walked and talked. I am sure he has never dealt with two majorly ADD school teachers. We asked him questions from start to finish. Not only did he answer them, but he also seemed eager to answer them. I saw other people just wallking through the cemetery on their own and I thought, wow, they miss out on a lot of stories and history, because they don't have an awesome tour guide like Jeffrey to tell them.
I am so glad we booked this tour and not one of the overly theatric tours that really don't amount to anything. Since it was just the two of us, he gave us some highlights of his other tours and went over his allotted time. When I go back to New Orleans, we will definitely do his other tours. And yes, we would definitely be interested in a Lee Harvey Oswalt tour. Thank you Jeffrey for such a lovely walk! We will definitely book another tour with you the minute we return to NOLA!!!!

1  Thank lilo723
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I honeymooned in NOLA from Pgh last week. We picked "Strange True Tours" as we're both history buffs and Mark absolutely did not disappoint. Listening to him, you knew that he knew exactly what he was talking about - he was engaging, quite funny, and very hospitable. The tour is not walking heavy, though we did do a quick jaunt around the corner when we thought a second line was approaching, but alas, it ended up being 'just a parade'! :) I walked away with a list of at least 3 books and 5 subjects from NOLA alone that I wanted to research and read when I got back. Loved the story-telling nature of this tour, and how he was interested in what WE wanted to hear. Would definitely take this tour again on a return trip!! Thank you Mark!

1  Thank Morgan T