“A Local Gem”

Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Shreveport, Louisiana
“A Local Gem”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

With Jazzfest in New Orleans this week I was having trouble getting reservations in the downtown and French Quarter areas and this was suggested by a friend. It is a small neighborhood restaurant but the staff was prompt, friendly and the service was excellent and the price reasonable. The food was outstanding. I would recommend the soft shell fried crab over linguine or their version of trout meuniere (and I recommend you ask the chef to add some of their fried oysters!). Parking is limited and it is off the beaten path, but worth the trek.

• Visited April 2014

California
“Cozy cafe with inventive fresh menu - ”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here on a stormy cold day visiting Tulane. Cozy neighborhood environment with a bit of polish. We were welcomed with warm baguette and a beautiful garlic herb butter. The menu has something for everyone. Soups, salads, pastas, entries and a lot if Mediterranean overtones. My daughters Lemon chicken pita was very good. We would definitely return.

Metairie
“Belated Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We were going to order from menu only but when waitress mentioned all the specials everyone changef their choices. I was so pleased with my redfish crusted with almonds and a creamy white sauce with white wine mix along with grilled irish potatoes and roasted turnips it was so scumscrish. I savored every bite of that redfish. I was sorry it all disappeared. Delicious.

1 Thank Kelly S
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Marvelous small restaurant near Tulane University”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We took our son and his girlfriend to dinner here after moving him into his dorm. I had found the place online looking for restaurants near Tulane. It is in a nearby neighborhood. It is a small place with 2 levels of tables. It looks like an old bungalow. We had to change our reservation to an hour later because of the move into his dorm. They very graciously did that.
The wait staff was wonderful, explaining items on the menu. The food was fabulous! I had some of the soup of the day--it was delicious with chunks of seafood. My husband had the wrapped shrimp appetizer--in puff pastry. He said it was the best he had ever had. Our entrees were all served at the same time. My son who is a vegetarian had the salmon catch of the day. He said it was wonderful--done to his liking. His girlfriend ordered the pork chop--she was very pleased with her selection as well. They have a good wine list--not too expensive. The desserts were incredible. I ordered the white chocolate bread pudding. Wow! Fabulous!
I was surprised at the few number of patrons for such a great restaurant. It has marvelous food, great service and in a very quiet area. I highly recomment this small quaint restaurant. I would definitely go back on our next trip to NOLA. BTW, the prices were reasonable for the food we got and the excellent service.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank gmfarfol
“Cosy spot for dinner near Tulane campus.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you're looking for someplace to eat dinner in walking distance to the Tulane campus, this is a good choice. The pasta dishes we ordered were fresh and tasty and a great value at about $12 It is a small cosy restaurant and the service was good.

• Visited August 2013