“Not at first glance but......Amazing.”
Review of Magnolia Grill - CLOSED

Magnolia Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: IN THE FRENCH QUARTER ACROSS FROM FRENCH QUARTER MARKET
Pensacola Beach, FL
“Not at first glance but......Amazing.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Christina was very warm and she made me feel more like I was in her grandmas kitchen than in a restaurant. The jumbalaya was HEAVENLY!!! First time for gator sausage and it was Ok. Laid back perfect place for lunch after shopping at the market!

1 Thank Kari R

Sydney, Australia
“Best Jimbalaya in NOLA, Real Louisiana atmosphere”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

From the moment you walk in the door you have a 'stepped back in time' feeling. Food is fresh and they cook right in front of you. The blackened catfish was great.

Visited March 2013
Pennsylvania
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stopped in here for an unplanned meal. We weren't really sure if the place was supposed to be good, bad, or ugly. Chances are any establishment that is bad would not survive in the French Quarter. I was pleasantly surprised. The food was good. The Jambalaya was really good and the food was served pretty quickly.

• Visited March 2013
Purvis, MS
“Little Disorganized, but Worth It!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had a great experience at Magnolia Grill. My partner & I both had basic hamburgers. The hamburgers were amazing! They cooked the meat as requested. The beef had a noticeably fresh taste. Even the French fries were good. I will definitely return to try other items on the menu.

The Magnolia Grill has a street diner feel. Far from fine dining or gourmet; so don't expect it.

We did have to wait a little while (20 minutes or so) before we were seated (mainly due to the small size of the dining area). I probably would have given the restaurant a 5/5; but the hard working waiters & waitresses appeared to be a little disorganized when trying to seat customers. Leadership issue maybe? Plus the dining area needs to be expanded (maybe move the location or expand if possible?)

Either way; for $8-$15 an entree; you can't beat it; especially in the Quarter of NOLA.

• Visited February 2013
Gainesville, florida
“Incredible food in the French Market for great price.”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Arrived for lunch and sat at the counter where we could see the cooks. I got chicken vegetable soup and BLT and my husband got a cup of Jambalaya and blackened chicken. The people next to us got chicken stuffed waffles and other breakfast stuff. Everything that we got was wonderful and delicious and prepared quickly.
They have one front end chef that I think is the head chef that would make Chef Ramsey proud. Tall thin white guy that runs a tight kitchen. Very organized and always seemed to know what was going on with every order and table. I would eat here again in a minute!