“Last Minute Cancellation”

Original New Orleans Movie Tours
Ranked #14 of 214 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique movie experience! Let us give you a city tour of New Orleans while playing video clips from your favorite movies, while we visit the actual filming locations aboard our intimate 10 passenger van! A locally owned and operated tour by Jonathan Ray.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Last Minute Cancellation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was super excited to bring 20 incoming freshmen on the Original Movie Tour in two groups. It was supposed to be a full morning for these students as a part of orientation. An hour before we were supposed to meet the guide, he sent me a text to cancel due to a family emergency. I was left to scramble last minute to find an activity for the group.

I definitely understand that family emergencies happen, and I do not blame him at all for that. These things definitely happen. The problem is, when they do, a backup is needed. So either hire a second tour guide or have some sort of alternative if the sole guide is unavailable. If you book, do so knowing that if something happens with the single guide who works here, you will be out of luck.

My second issue was the follow up. He cancelled an hour before, and that was it. No follow up later on, no attempt to reschedule. It's been two weeks and I still have heard nothing from him at all.

I so badly wanted to love this, and I fully recognize this is an isolated incident and I would not let it deter you from booking. I am just sharing my experience.

1 Thank Jeff S
sweetjonny, Owner at Original New Orleans Movie Tours, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
So sorry we had to cancel on you at the last minute. It is never an ideal situation for anyone. Being the owner and tour guide does present a challenge when I am ill or an emergency arises. I hope I can make it up to you next time you are in New Orleans.

Surprise, Arizona, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“One of our best tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Took the tour today and really enjoyed it. Jon knew everything about NOLA and movies shot there. We learned that NOLA is second only to LA for number of movies and TV shows. The van was comfortable and very enjoyable. Do this tour on your fist day to see all the spots you may want to visit later.

New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“tour was great!!! kicked bootie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had a great time indeed!!!! Thank you for a awesome time!!!!! Very well put together and had a great time and enjoyed all of it very well put together. Thanks again

1 Thank eternaldancer
pankocrustedworm, Owner at Original New Orleans Movie Tours, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
WOW, thank you! Kicking Bootie is a serious compliment that we do not take lightly. Thank you so much for joining us and letting the world know how we "kick" it in NOLA!
West Palm Beach, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Love Movies, then this is a Must Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This tour was great fun. If you love movies, you will really enjoy this. You see movie segments while touring the actual locations. You also see live sets if a movie is being shot, and fortunately, that is usually the case. We went on a Sunday, so their were no movies actively being shot. We did drive by the location. The next day we went back and so the movie actually being shot. Enjoyable way to see New Orleans and get insight into the huge movie scene in the city.

Visited July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy you went back on Monday and saw them filming. Typically movies shoot Mon-Fri, but I always know where they will be. So I will always give you a heads up to check them out! Hollywood South is in full swing!!
Alexandria, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A really fun afternoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you are movie buff, this will be a treat for you. Jonathan, the tour director, is a part time actor, previous camera man and a movie fan and historian. He knows EVERYTHING about films in New Orleans, and can tailor your tour to your interests. He takes you to the sets, manages to park, sets up the scene in the movie made there and turns on the perfect clip on your personal movie screen. He takes you to see the scenes of old and current movies, and in the meantime you get a great tour of the city in general. The bus is comfortable and small. It holds ten, which is perfect for an intimate tour like this.

Visited July 2013
Thank you so much! Your review made me feel great, and reminded me of why I do what I do! I hope I inspired you to go home and watch more New Orleans movies! Thank you so much!