“Hollywood in New Orleans” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Original New Orleans Movie Tours

Original New Orleans Movie Tours
Ranked #15 of 213 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique movie experience! Let us give you a city tour of New Orleans while playing video clips from your favorite movies, while we visit the actual filming locations aboard our intimate 10 passenger van! A locally owned and operated tour by Jonathan Ray.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pasadena, California
“Hollywood in New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Loved this tour and found it very informative and fun. I loved how they played movie clips while showing you spots where the movie was filmed.
The guide was friendly and knowledgeable, bus was clean and comfortable. Would send a friend here for sure.
Thanks for a great experience!

Miami, Fl
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Movie tour in New Orleans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

It was a fun tour. Learned that NOLA was call the Hollywood of the South. They drive you around town showing you different movie clips at the actual location where they were filmed(Red, Green Lantern, Expendibles, Street Car Named Desire, etc). Saw were they were filming HBO series Treme. Jonathan Ray was our guide. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. Purchased tickets on Groupon at 50% off.

Visited January 2013
pankocrustedworm, Owner at Original New Orleans Movie Tours, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write me a review. I am very proud of my tour and I hope I was able to entertain and educate you about the filming history of New Orleans!
Edgerton, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great tour of New Orleans and movies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We really enjoyed the New Orleans Movie Tour. After taking several walking tours, it was nice to be able to sit back and ride for a while. As others have mentioned, we had no idea that so many films were made in New Orleans. We will have to watch these movies again. The tour was loaded with lots of information. It was neat to see the movie at the same time as seeing the actual spot where the movie was filmed. Definitely recommend this tour.
Try to avoid sitting in the back seat. The windows of the van in back are limited, so seeing everything can be difficult.

Visited January 2013
I am so happy you enjoyed my tour and that I inspired you to go home and watch these movies. Don't forget there is a list of everything filmed and currently filming on my website (www.nolamovies.com)! And next time you take my tour I'll make sure to get you a seat right next to me!! Thank you for the great review and taking the time to write it!
Highland Beach, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great for movie lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Johnathon was loaded with information. Gave a great 2 hour tour. Learn some movie history and also see different parts of NOLA. Learned of several old movies that I now want to go back and see. Din't know before that NOLA was such a big filming city.

Stow, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Terrible, Closed for a Week?!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I purchased a Groupon for this tour. The fine print stated that it was not valid 1/19/13-2/12/13 or 4/26/13-5/5/13. I was traveling to NOLA the week of 1/14 so I purchased it. When I tried to make the appointment on 1/16 they said that they decided to close that week. Nice, so because it was cold and the week before the start of Mardi Gras they decided to close. They should have stated this on the deal with Groupon. Nowhere did it even say to check with the company prior on their website for additional dates where they may be closed. I’ll never try to book a tour with this company again.

3 Thank Beach L
I am so sorry that we disappointed you. We were not closed because it was cold (we are a driving tour). And every now and then life emergencies pop up. I had a death in my family and that is not something I wanted to share with my guests but it is the reality of the situation. Seeings how that my knowledge is the tour, it makes the tour unable to operate and I apologize for that. I have an amazing tour and I hope you will come back and try it again. And remember your vouchers are still good and you have lost no money. Thank you for your feedback!