“The fried catfish was excellent”

New Orleans Hamburger & Seafood Company
Ranked #222 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We got a recommendation from a local and although it does not look great from the street front, it proved to be one of our best mid class meals in new orleans. The catfish lafitte was excellent

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was a nice place close to our Inn so good place to grab a drink and food. It was clean. A nice perk was the self serve ice cream cones :) Prices weren't too bad. Assorted menu

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were looking for a place to have a light lunch in the french quarter. We were in town for a wedding (knew we'd be eating alot at the wedding) and decided to order the the thin fried catfish platter. LOL the waiter told us it was really only an appetizer but when he served us it turned out to be huge and more than adequate for a full lunch meal. It was delicious and came with two dipping sauces. Although we didn't order anything else to eat the menu was fairly extensive.
The restaurant has two levels as well as outdoor area. We ate upstairs. Service was excellent and staff very friendly.
Also being in the French quarter it was a surprisingly quiet restaurant and another positive was not a long wait time for a table. Once I saw that there were many locals and not tourists eating there I realized we'd chosen a good place. Always go where locals go is my philosophy. Many of the other places may have good food too but they are tourist traps with long lines.
This is a great place to go if you're walking around the french quarter and want a good lunch with reasonable prices.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came upon this while seeking an outdoor cafe in the Quarter. We got hungry and settled for this. We sat on the balcony in the night air and enjoyed our dinner. This isn't a fancy French restaurant and it isn't party central like along Bourbon Street, but I would go back; it's simple but tasty!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The fried fish is great, the hamburgers are better than your average fast food but they are dressed very well making them delicious however the garlic fries that normally accompanies every meal is out of this world great. I don't usually eat fast food but if I do I go here. Did I mentioned that every meal comes with complementary soft serve ice cream?