“Pretty Ordinary”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Looking for a place to have a relatively early dinner, and the hostess told us that full service was availabe in the bar. That was OK, but when we sat at a table by the window, the server insisted that we had to move to another (less comfortable) table 15 feet or so closer to the bar (though there was only one other occupied table in the room). Hmmm ... that should have been a warning. The food was OK ... red beans and rice and a shrimp po'boy, but the service/attitude really detracted from what we hoped would be a nice, enjoyable meal.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We love the casual ambiance, the multiple locations (even a drive thru) and the variety on the menu. It's definitely not a cheap place to grab a bite to eat but the food is good. They have amazing burgers, seafood platters, poboys, salads, etc. They also have a full bar and oyster bar.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

First time I tried alligator, very good poppers. These poppers were deep fried and had an Asian sweet pepper sauce on top. Yummy

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Hamburger and Seafood Company with my grandparents when I came to New Orleans from Virginia. Let me start off by saying the theme of the restaraunt was unique, and the staff overall were very nice and helpful. The food was very delicious. We had the shrimp platter, two jerk burgers, and a shrimp poboy the four of us. There is a lot of space to eat, and an interesting spin with the oyster bar and free ice cream in a machine. May be a little pricey, but worth the dollars. I recommend the Hamburger and Seafood Company for amyone who is looking for a tasy and fulfilling meal.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the gumbo at it was awesome!!! My husband had the fish platter , he loved it and he doesn't even like seafood.