“French Quarter Sanctuary”
Review of Audubon Cottages

Audubon Cottages
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I'm reluctant to write a review, as this hotel is constantly booked and I'd like to keep it all to myself!

We stayed in cottage #1 with two couples. This was a vacation from a vacation. The saltwater pool, the wonderful breakfast in your private courtyard, the spacious rooms and relaxed personal feel of the property. I can safely say I will plan my trips to NOLA around when this hotel is available and stay only here from now on. I am very picky when it comes to hotels, I travel frequently and stay in many luxury properties world-wide. This is definitely one of my favorites. The staff here are wonderfully hospitable and accommodating, they are just lovely people and created such ease in our visit. They make excellent homemade breakfast creations and upkeep the property seamlessly!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anonymous1009
There are newer reviews for Audubon Cottages

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I can hardly imagine a more blissful scene than waking up to a gorgeously prepared breakfast in our own private courtyard tucked away like an oasis in the middle of the French Quarter. I have been going to New Orleans for over 25 years, and my wife was born and raised in the city, so we KNOW what the city has to offer, but nothing is as luxurious or comforting as the Audobon Cottages. There is nothing else like it anywhere in New Orleans.
I personally have known this specific property for decades, and I've seen the service quality dip and rise to varying degrees, depending on the level of commitment by various owners and/or managers. As I write this in April 2014, the level of service and attention to detail has risen to a level that surpasses even my best previous experiences. You are literally made to feel that absolutely nothing is beyond the capacity of the staff. Ada, the woman who presently supervises the property, is one of the most astounding people I have ever met in the service industry. She personally prepares a full breakfast each morning, and occasionally provides afternoon wine and snacks by the pool (which is also semi-privatre, for cottage renters and their guests only). Quite honestly, if circumstances allowed it, I would want to live there. It's that good.

Room Tip: There are five distinct cottages with seven dwellings available. The two 'extra' are smaller...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank darekyle
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed in Cottage #7, a 1 bedroom cottage for 5 nights on our honeymoon. We were spoiled by Ada and Amanda the entire stay. They added new items for the breakfast including a baked egg dish and pastries they baked (they don't even have a kitchen on premises). It was so delicious and relaxing to start our day in the gorgeous courtyard. They helped us make dinner reservations at a wonderful restaurant too. Our air conditioning had an issue and staff came and even fixed it late at night and checked in the next day to ensure we were cool. So amazed that only one street away from Bourbon St could be so quiet. Definitely recommend this quaint and charming place. Thank you to the staff who made us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank LisaandJayMcG
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We recently stayed at the Audubon Cottages and it was a great spot. We shared a 2 bedroom suite with friends and it had plenty of room and the manager, Ada, spoiled us for the entire visit. The hotel is one block off Bourbon but very quiet. Close to everything.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank pmcauley
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a cool place. Quiet, dripping with charm, fairly well-appointed. Not quite 5 stars, though, especially given the high price point. Traveled with family of 4, stayed in cottage 5. Not enough seating in living room for all of us to hang out in the evening, and some things missing like utensils, napkins, etc. Housekeeping spotty, forgot to leave any glasses, and left a used rubber glove in the bedroom after cleaning. Hard to regulate temperature so 2nd bedroom very hot and stuffy at night. Breakfast nicely presented tho quality of items kind of disappointing, so we purchased breakfast items from Vacherie across the street. The pool was far too cold to use, though it was supposed to be heated. It was a nice place, but not sure Id be compelled to return.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Kristen H
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed one night in the 2-bedroom Cottage #1. My wife and I stayed in the larger room, and my mother stayed in the other. This was quite a find - a quiet courtyard and accommodation just 1 block from Bourbon street. If you want a good location in the French Quarter, this puts you right in the heart of things without sacrificing peace and sleep.

We could hear some street noise from sirens and car alarms before going to bed, but it wasn't much. And it was St. Patrick's day, so it was kind of a rowdy night out. Still surprised it was as quiet as it was, given the location.

The continental breakfast was good, and they had a Keurig coffee machines and lots of water and sodas (complimentary) included. Everything was very nice. Ada - the butler for the property - was also very helpful and accommodating, making sure we had everything we needed.

It was a short stay for us. I'm not sure the French Quarter is a good fit for us, but I certainly would recommend this for any one that wanted to stay right in the middle of the action without sacrificing comfort.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lebo12
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was a wonderful, tranquil place to stay. It is right in the middle of the french quarter - within walking distance of everything but it feels like you escaped to peaceful get away. It is the perfect place to stay if you want a mix of great food, fun, and relaxation. We loved it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends