We stayed in cottage 2. Lovely - looked exactly as shown in photos above. The hotel is one street away from the craziness of Bourbon St, but the minute you go through that door to the courtyard, you're in an oasis. Everything was beautiful upon arrival.
The challenges were as follows:
- since when does a butler not know the local restaurants? She had only one to recommend, ironically the one right across from the related hotel.
- somehow they forgot to clean our room on Sunday. Yes we left later than we had the day before (10:30 vs. 9:30) but really? The garbage was collecting on the sitting room sink - yes, we went through a lot of water, pop (which is included) and a few collectable cups from the bars, but why would those not be removed? We had to actually ask for the service lady to take them. Also why wouldn't she think to replace the shampoo every day and get us another bar of soap?
- breakfast was beautifully presented but pretty cheap, given the quality of the hotel and price of rooms. That said, the coffee and orange juice were excellent. Took a while to receive if you hadn't asked night before...
- wildlife - we had a nice little visit from a rat in our courtyard. Now I realize that New Orleans generally has a rodent and bug problem. While the staff handled the incident very well, I am wondering if the fact that everyone is eating in their courtyard and the clean up takes forever is a factor in rodent visits?
Bottom line: I would stay here again. It's beautiful. The courtyards are charming. The pool is nice. The rooms are comfortable and the amenities are good. But, for a hotel of this price, I expected better service - Holiday Inn at the Ritz...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Audubon Cottages are a local treasure, full of history, character and charm that evoke the feeling of old New Orleans. Once home to John James Audubon, each of the seven one or two bedroom suites is unique and offers a private or shared courtyard. Complimentary French Quarter butler service, continental breakfast & WiFi is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Audubon Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Audubon Cottages Hotel New Orleans