Audubon Cottages
$240
$229
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$351
$299
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$320
$247
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$259
  • Pool
Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$369
Priceline
$284
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate courtyardbedroom cottagebutler servicepool housedauphine stfrench quarterheated salt water poolpeaceful retreatbourbon streetbeautiful poolevery morningcentral courtyardyogurtliving areabottle of champagneother guestslong weekend
Reviewed November 11, 2012

When I realised that we would be staying so close to the booze-fueled Bourbon Street in the French Quarter I thought that we would never get a quiet night but I could not have been so wrong.
The cottages surround a lovely swimming pool which our butler told us was the oldest in the whole of the French Quarter. It was great to see a copy of the most expensive book in the world - Audubon's Book of Birds on the coffee table and reading the history of the cottages and how the great naturalist spent his Summers in the cottages was fascinating. We also found out that Elizabeth Taylor also used to stay there a lot which just shows the kind of place it is. The decor of our cottages was really amazing and the artwork alone was worth a stay. When breakfast was served in the courtyard it felt like going back in time except we had great wifi to use. We also took advantage of going to the nearby Dauphine Hotel's facilities including the fitness centre and bar, we also had breakfast there too which was great. The staff at the Cottages were really something special, Broderick looked after us and everyone there always had a great idea for a day or night out in New Orleans which always came up trumps. I love the revelry of the French Quarter but to have such an oasis of quiet and tranquility in the middle of it is something I will remember when returning to the remarkable city. I went with a friend but would happily bring the family back for another stay. Why anyone would want to spend the same kind of money on a modern tower block hotel when they can enjoy this kind of luxury is beyond me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Globetrottingsmith
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently had a wonderful experience on this property. The atmosphere is so welcoming and hidden treasure. If you do not want to be pampered and havee a unique experience than this property is not for you. The rooms are truly fit for Royalty. The Staff is so professional and friendly. Nothing is beyond your request. You must treat yourself at least once in staying there, hosting a Bridal Shower Function, a couple getaway or even a private gateway, just do it, call them, we did.
Josie

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JosieMetairie
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I can't wait to revisit the beautiful and quite cottages. The staff was fabulous not to mention the unique cottage hotel. I would recommend them to anyone. I am a local but can't wait to stay home for vacation in the French Quarter again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Traveled from Lafayette to wind up having a fantasy weekend in New Orleans with a girl friend who is a travel/foodie writer. I thought I would just drive & tag along, but what an extra-ordinary treat it was to stay Friday night in Cottage No.5. Before coming over I didn't have a lot of time to check out the history of the place, so had only put together that Audubon had stayed in one of the cottages (& maybe there was a bit of gossip about Elizabeth Taylor insisting on staying in one of the cottages too.) In Cottage No. 5 on the coffee table was indeed Audubon's book, but it would of taken more than a night's stay to enjoy such a large volume. My Granny if she were looking down from above would of been smiling, even with her dentures, especially when I turned to the page of the Brown Pelican. Because this was the one Audubon bird she had chosen to capture in watercolor, I think for one of her drawing classes we heard about as kids. After arriving in the rain, we got to valet parking at the Dauphine Hotel up the street & had the valet roll our bags to first thru the entry gate to the courtyard with the pool in it for the cottages & then another gate to our shared yet very private courtyard to our Cottage No 5. When he left we ran to the bar to check it out like a couple of kids new to a hotel room: there was a K-Cup coffee maker & many bottles of water--which I cannot tell you how great that is alone. I've traveled a lot & the first thing I usually want to have when I get to the room is a bottle of water--many times I will pack my own so I can have one, so here that's not a problem. Opening the fridge we saw it had 2 drawers, like in designer homes. On to the 2 bedrooms we find our big white clouds to sleep on & our signature robes with slippers. In the bathroom I'm told a story about the big black marble tiles originally being selected for the owners home by the wife only they ended up in the cottages instead. I love stories like this about places I stay at. Of course we had to go jump in the private pool in the middle of the courtyard garden first thing after putting our suitcases away & it was like having our own personal spa. Back out too soon to have to change/run off to the French Quarter for drinks/dinner, just steps outside our gate - feeling like we had our own house there in 'the' French Quarter--crazy good?! That night I know I slept like I was on a cloud--the next day I told my friend's husband who came to meet her when I had to leave that very same thing: you're going to get to Sleep on a Cloud. But that wasn't the end of the fantastic stay--there was breakfast served on our private courtyard table, steps from the tall slated window door, where you could go sit in your robe & slippers. I truly did not want this overnight to end. A great girls trip for sure, that if I hadn't gone with my friend I would of never gotten to go do such a thing. Big thank yous go to the cottages staff & management for having us/spoiling us after their recent gorgeous renovations. Truly I felt like a Princess for a Day staying at the Audubon Cottages!

Room Tip: Give yourself time to enjoy every aspect of these cottages. And sort out all your WiFi & Valet or Breakfast times before you run off to enjoy the French Quarter. It just so happened the Butler Service was not available while we were there, he was on vacation - but the valet/staff still made us feel just as spoiled I can tell you that!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I knew about the Audubon Cottages but when I heard they were recently renovated I had to see what was new. The historic cottages arranged around a tropical courtyard are gorgeous and staying here is a trip back to a more romantic time in the French Quarter. The cottages are beautifully restored with comfortable beds and linens, oversized bathrooms, comfy seating areas and private patios. Roderick, our "French Quarter Butler" treated us like family. Be sure and try out the saltwater pool, reportedly the oldest pool in the Quarter. Also, Bayonna restaurant is nearby and I highly recommend it, plus Deanie's is one block further, more casual and less expensive but also fabulous - don't miss the onion rings and seafood platters! Everything is close by but once you're inside it feels like you're in another world.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple