Audubon Cottages
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$127
$181
$159
$115
$108
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$103
$85
$188
$158
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$104
$98
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$169
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$100
$91
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$163
$143
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate courtyardbedroom cottagebutler servicepool housedauphine stfrench quarterheated salt water poolpeaceful retreatbourbon streetbeautiful poolevery morningcentral courtyardyogurtliving areabottle of champagneother guestslong weekend
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I can't wait to revisit the beautiful and quite cottages. The staff was fabulous not to mention the unique cottage hotel. I would recommend them to anyone. I am a local but can't wait to stay home for vacation in the French Quarter again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Traveled from Lafayette to wind up having a fantasy weekend in New Orleans with a girl friend who is a travel/foodie writer. I thought I would just drive & tag along, but what an extra-ordinary treat it was to stay Friday night in Cottage No.5. Before coming over I didn't have a lot of time to check out the history of the place, so had only put together that Audubon had stayed in one of the cottages (& maybe there was a bit of gossip about Elizabeth Taylor insisting on staying in one of the cottages too.) In Cottage No. 5 on the coffee table was indeed Audubon's book, but it would of taken more than a night's stay to enjoy such a large volume. My Granny if she were looking down from above would of been smiling, even with her dentures, especially when I turned to the page of the Brown Pelican. Because this was the one Audubon bird she had chosen to capture in watercolor, I think for one of her drawing classes we heard about as kids. After arriving in the rain, we got to valet parking at the Dauphine Hotel up the street & had the valet roll our bags to first thru the entry gate to the courtyard with the pool in it for the cottages & then another gate to our shared yet very private courtyard to our Cottage No 5. When he left we ran to the bar to check it out like a couple of kids new to a hotel room: there was a K-Cup coffee maker & many bottles of water--which I cannot tell you how great that is alone. I've traveled a lot & the first thing I usually want to have when I get to the room is a bottle of water--many times I will pack my own so I can have one, so here that's not a problem. Opening the fridge we saw it had 2 drawers, like in designer homes. On to the 2 bedrooms we find our big white clouds to sleep on & our signature robes with slippers. In the bathroom I'm told a story about the big black marble tiles originally being selected for the owners home by the wife only they ended up in the cottages instead. I love stories like this about places I stay at. Of course we had to go jump in the private pool in the middle of the courtyard garden first thing after putting our suitcases away & it was like having our own personal spa. Back out too soon to have to change/run off to the French Quarter for drinks/dinner, just steps outside our gate - feeling like we had our own house there in 'the' French Quarter--crazy good?! That night I know I slept like I was on a cloud--the next day I told my friend's husband who came to meet her when I had to leave that very same thing: you're going to get to Sleep on a Cloud. But that wasn't the end of the fantastic stay--there was breakfast served on our private courtyard table, steps from the tall slated window door, where you could go sit in your robe & slippers. I truly did not want this overnight to end. A great girls trip for sure, that if I hadn't gone with my friend I would of never gotten to go do such a thing. Big thank yous go to the cottages staff & management for having us/spoiling us after their recent gorgeous renovations. Truly I felt like a Princess for a Day staying at the Audubon Cottages!

Room Tip: Give yourself time to enjoy every aspect of these cottages. And sort out all your WiFi & Valet or Breakfast times before you run off to enjoy the French Quarter. It just so happened the Butler Service was not available while we were there, he was on vacation - but the valet/staff still made us feel just as spoiled I can tell you that!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I knew about the Audubon Cottages but when I heard they were recently renovated I had to see what was new. The historic cottages arranged around a tropical courtyard are gorgeous and staying here is a trip back to a more romantic time in the French Quarter. The cottages are beautifully restored with comfortable beds and linens, oversized bathrooms, comfy seating areas and private patios. Roderick, our "French Quarter Butler" treated us like family. Be sure and try out the saltwater pool, reportedly the oldest pool in the Quarter. Also, Bayonna restaurant is nearby and I highly recommend it, plus Deanie's is one block further, more casual and less expensive but also fabulous - don't miss the onion rings and seafood platters! Everything is close by but once you're inside it feels like you're in another world.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChereCoen
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The cottages are immaculate and magnificently renovated to maintain their authentic french quarter charm. Truly a very special place and a wonderful experience. We only wish we could meet someone like Roderick at every hotel! Thank you Roderick for making our stay so enjoyable we don't want to leave!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Ally365
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Located in the Heart of The French Quarter in New Orleans, just two blocks from Bourbon St., the very private Audubon Cottages are set admist tropical gardens, and surround the oldest swimming pool in all of New Orleans. I loved this lap-sized pool, especially in the evening when the very enchanting lighting lite the tropical gardens and waterfall that surrounds the brick walk around the pool. The same tropical gardens and waterfalls, with discreet lighting continue to the inside private courtyards of each of the cottages. My courtyard waterfall even had Koi - and had I stayed a bit longer I would have felt like they were my fish and I would have named them. That's how personal and 'homey' these 5 Star cottages are. The authentically restored Audubon Cottages will exceed your expectations, and delight everyone of your senses.

Room Tip: The 6 very private cottages have different configurations for number of bedrooms, and one is like a town home with an up-stairs complete with a full-length balconey. All have a private courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends