“A very special way to experience New Orleans.”
Review of Audubon Cottages

Audubon Cottages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The cottages are immaculate and magnificently renovated to maintain their authentic french quarter charm. Truly a very special place and a wonderful experience. We only wish we could meet someone like Roderick at every hotel! Thank you Roderick for making our stay so enjoyable we don't want to leave!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Ally365
There are newer reviews for Audubon Cottages

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Located in the Heart of The French Quarter in New Orleans, just two blocks from Bourbon St., the very private Audubon Cottages are set admist tropical gardens, and surround the oldest swimming pool in all of New Orleans. I loved this lap-sized pool, especially in the evening when the very enchanting lighting lite the tropical gardens and waterfall that surrounds the brick walk around the pool. The same tropical gardens and waterfalls, with discreet lighting continue to the inside private courtyards of each of the cottages. My courtyard waterfall even had Koi - and had I stayed a bit longer I would have felt like they were my fish and I would have named them. That's how personal and 'homey' these 5 Star cottages are. The authentically restored Audubon Cottages will exceed your expectations, and delight everyone of your senses.

Room Tip: The 6 very private cottages have different configurations for number of bedrooms, and one is like a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Beverly H
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Recenty, I had the good fortune to join my Mother & Sister-in-law in New Orleans for a girls getaway. We stayed at the beautiful Audubon Cottages(apart of The New Orleans Hotel Collection). The sumptous rooms and updated bathrooms were luxurious and inviting...however, we spent most of our time enjoying our sweet private courtyard! We so enjoyed breakfast and cocktails daily there. Our butler, Roderick Bernal oversaw every detail during our stay...he and his staff were very accomodating! It's the ideal location for a romantic getaway or, for a small family...or for the "girls"! Looking forward to a return trip soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank tntjones
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I travel often and prefer historic hotels as they reflect the true ambiance of the city. A stay at Audubon Cottages is like stepping back to the mid 19th century when it was built. The owner was meticulous in the recent restoration, preserving original beams, floors, brick walls and brick patios. And the traditions of the plantation life continue with your own personal butler, Roderick. He attends to your every need including a romantic breakfast in your own private courtyard surrounded by tropical gardens. It's a New Orleans brand of Breakfast at Tiffany's, listening to the soothing trickle of the water garden, I could almost imagine John J. Audubon joining me for a cup of tea.

Room Tip: Larger families may want to reserve cottage 1 with two bedrooms and cottage 7 with one bedroom. Both...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank NOLAhistoryfan
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Audubon cottages have always been our first choice for accomodations in New Orleans because of the comfort, atmosphere and privacy they provide. Since our last visit in July 2011, the property has changed ownership, resulting in huge improvements. Every cottage and private courtyard has received a major facelift: complete renovation of bathrooms, new paint, updated furniture and AC units, new "drawer" refrigerator and ice makers, beautifully manicured gardens and a refinished pool. All changes have been done in a way that provides modern comfort while preserving the history of these famous New Orleans cottages. Roderick Bernal, the new manager, and his assistant, Michael, provide first class service with attention to every detail. We look forward our next visit.

Room Tip: We have always stayed in cottage #2, but after viewing all accomaodations, we would be happy to stay...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Judy D
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I'm a frequent visitor to New Orleans (20+ times), and this was by far the best accommodations I have ever had there. The Audubon Cottages were private, luxurious, and comfortable. The manager, Roderick, and all of the staff were receptive to every possible need that me and my wife had. They were welcoming, courteous, and still professional. We have a new favorite to stay in in the French Quarter.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James B
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Audubon Cottages. Shared a two bedroom cottage with a private courtyard. This was a business trip.... oh but I wish my husband was with me to enjoy it! Absolutely gorgeous and private. If you're a discerning traveler and want a truly New Orleans experience this is definitely the place to be. Roderick our wonderful butler took great care of us. Very attentive and professional. Location was perfect, couldn't wait to get back to my room after a busy day of meetings. Loved it!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business