“Yummy juicy and delicious burgers!!”
Review of Cowbell

Cowbell
Ranked #505 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Description: In the olden times, ranchers adorned their cows with custom bells to identify them as they ate their way through the open range. The mellifluous ring of the cowbell reminds the rancher to bring those delicious meats to us, so that we can serve them to you in the Riverbend. Cowbell in New Orleans is where you can find food. Handmade. Simple. Delicious.BYOB 'til the city sets us free.
“Yummy juicy and delicious burgers!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I was in Burger heaven!! Every juicy bite kept me coming back for more.. French fries tasted fresh.. Oyster from the salad was yummy.. But I didn't like it with the salad that was provided.. The Mac and cheese tasted better while hot.. It's definitely different compared to other restaurant..

• Visited May 2013

Houston, Texas
“BEST burgers, BEST Mac and Cheese”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been living in New Orleans for almost three years now and unfortunately for me, I just discovered this place a couple months ago. I'm always looking for a good gourmet burger and this is by far the best I've had! They're Mac and cheese is also to die for but it's a lot of food so you must go hungry or share!

• Visited January 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best burger in town so far”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I have been in search of the best burger in New Orleans and so far Cowbell holds that title. They even have the best buns. The only appetizer I've had was the figgy toast which consists of croutons with a bleu cheese on them and figs mixed with sausage. Amazing. They always have really great looking specials. I'll be going back this Saturday to try something new!

1 Thank FD504
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Funky food and great service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place to grab Lunch/Dinner. The place is an old gas station converted. There Burgers are awesome. My vegetarian friend was delighted with the "Harvest burger" he had. If i was being critical the only thing i'd say is it would be good to get a proper plate rather than a small cardboard tray. Service and attention was very good.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank emptyjay
Indiana
“Attention to detail in a casual and funky place”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Cowbell is located at the end of Oak Street in what looks like an old gas station, but I don't think that's quite right. Anyway, it is a funky looking place, some tables outside for good weather and decent seating inside as well. Full bar available.

I was in with my wife for lunch. She had a curry soup and grilled cheese. I had the cheeseburger and fries. We had an orange ice-box cake slice for dessert.

My wife loved the soup, I don't care for curry, so I take her word for it.
OK, so its a grilled cheese---but no, this is much more complex than mom's velveeta on white. This was on rustic country bread that was perfectly crisped and hot on the outside, the cheeses inside were melty with tomato spread on the inside. It crunched perfectly and tasted absolutely wonderful. I'd get this sandwich in a second.

Hamburger came on a potato bun that was also fresh off the grill. Home-made ketchup on the side with cinnamon, a little paprika, and other spices that was fantastic, as was the house-made aioli. The burger was hand formed and cooked perfectly to order. It was large but not overly so. The mixture of the ketchup, aioli, some ground mustard and lettuce/tomato were perfect. The meat is grass fed and it showed up in taste and firm texture. As good a burger as I've had in New Orleans.

Fries were cut from whole potatoes and also very good. Nicely seasoned with salt and something that I couldn't identify.

Ice box pie was really good but they really need to give a knife to cut, its really hard out of the freezer.

Value was great. Nice bar with specialty drinks and good but not overwrought service.

Go here for great food in NOLA.

• Visited March 2013