“BEST BISCUITS EVER!!!”

The Ruby Slipper Cafe
Ranked #35 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: A neighborhood cafe specializing in Breakfast, Lunch & Brunch. Breakfast served all day, every day! Conveniently located in the Central Business District, one block from the Canal Streetcar line, and just steps to the French Quarter and Warehouse District.
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Ok. Normally I could care less about bread at any meal because it just takes up room in my gut for, well, everything else on my plate!! When I saw this hot, homemade biscuit on my plate something came over me and I had to try it! It was awesome!! I had ordered a Spanish omelet, which was good by the way, but the biscuit was the proverbial show stealer!! I was disappointed when it was gone and nobody else at my table was gonna let me have theirs! Oh well. Looks like I'll have to go back tomorrow and get another one!!
The omelet was good. The atmosphere was fun. The service was friendly and knowledgeable! The place was clean! The coffee was a local breakfast blend that had my taste buds smiling to!! About the only thing I didn't care for was the country potatoes. Just kinda plain and not good. Wish we had a place like this back home!

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Best breakfast we had while in Nola. The service was really good and we got seated immediately. We didn't realize there was outdoor seating and would have enjoyed that. Everyone in my party enjoyed there food.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We went around 11:30 on a Saturday looking for a table for two. The wait was still an hour. The staff was as accommodating as possible and there was a large bar that you could get drinks while waiting. The waiting area is outside around the restaurant. They had fans and benches, but it was still miserably hot to wait in the August heat. Once we finally got seated, the service was good. The waitress was quick and friendly. The selection of breakfast/brunch was good. The food came out quickly and was delicious.

My husband built his own omelete. It was practically falling off the plate it was so big. It was perfectly cooked and honestly one of the fluffiest eggs I have even eaten. He had the breakfast potatoes and biscuit on the side. The potatoes were okay. Nothing spectacular but not bad by any means. Same for the biscuit.

I had the crochet monsieur. It was delicious! Two thick slices of texas toast toasted with swiss and ham inside. Then an egg cooked to your liking and cheese sauce on top. Served with small side salad with a light lemony vinaigrette. The salad was the perfect light accompaniment. The sandwich was large and hearty. Every part was delicious on its own, and amazing together. I ended up taking off the bottom slice of bread because it was just too much for me to eat, but it was yummy.

However, there was nothing overwhelming spectacular that I think I would wait an hour for again. There are other good breakfast places that don't take as long to sit down in.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We chose this restaurant for breakfast based on Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. We did a have a wait when we got there but it went quick. Be sure to sign in before standing in what appears to be the waiting line. They call your name when it's your turn. Food portions are huge so unless you are a big eater, plates can definitely be shared. There were four in our party and we each chose a different dish so we could share ( and left lots of leftovers). We feasted on poached eggs over salmon and biscuits, breakfast sandwich with pig-candy bacon (bacon baked with brown sugar), eggs, pepper jack cheese and fried green tomato and macaroon chocolate chip pancakes. The service is fast and friendly. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My wife and I love a good breakfast place and Ruby Slipper will not disappoint.
Very good selection of food and reasonable prices.
You have to try the bananas foster french toast or the bananas pecan pancakes!
This location and the one on Canal Street are well worth the trip.
They get busy and there can be a wait but it's worth waiting for in the morning.
The Canal street location is newer and more spacious inside but it doesn't have the quaint feeling that the Magazine street location.
But, you have to try these restaurants.
Great food and service.