“Extremely Delightful”

The Ruby Slipper Cafe
Ranked #35 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: A neighborhood cafe specializing in Breakfast, Lunch & Brunch. Breakfast served all day, every day! Conveniently located in the Central Business District, one block from the Canal Streetcar line, and just steps to the French Quarter and Warehouse District.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We arrived around 9:30 on Sunday for brunch, there was a 30 minute wait but am I ever glad we waited! I had the Eggs Blackstone and my wife the BBQ Shrimp Grits. Both items are on their signature dish list and both were WONDERFUL! The price to portion ratio is very reasonable, the service was good, and we can not wait to make a return visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,635)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had the create your own omelet, was very tasty. My daughter had the same, but it was missing the mushrooms she ordered. The server was nice,took them off the check. We did have a long wait for a table but we didn't mind,it was a Saturday in NOLA! Would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We went for about a 10:00 breakfast. We had to wait 5 mins to get a table. It seems like it is very busy. It was quite noisy in there with all of the people. My wife and I both got omelettes. They were both very good and the potatoes were excellent. I got just plain old toast and my wife's biscuit was just ok. The food came out very fast and our waitress was very nice

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Now how can breakfast be that exciting, well they have the best oatmeal with the oats not mush like we would do at home? Fresh fruit on the side, and very good orange juice.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nothing distinctly New Orleans about it. Just the same regular ol' brunch with exception of the french bread french toast. The eggs are boxed, the biscuit was dry, and the bacon is generic. But all in all, it tasted good and the pricing was alright.