“fantastic tacos” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rum House Caribbean Taqueria

The Rum House Caribbean Taqueria
Ranked #11 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Bar, Cuban, Central American, Jamaican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Garden District
Mesquite, Texas
“fantastic tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

we found this place on Magazine St. and thought lets go in and try this. We went and sat at the bar and our bartendet Mike was great. We ordered two different tacos and we were just stunned at how good they were. The place is very relaxed and had hand painted murals painted all over the walls. We will go back.

Trumbull, Connecticut
“A great spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My son is a student in NOLA, and The Rum House is one of his favorite spots. Close to Loyola and Tulane on Magazine Street. The menu is comprised mostly of fish and spicy types of food, which i can't eat. But the waitress was extremely helpful and helped me to order a salad with grilled chicken and non-spicy dressing, so very accomodating. Has an open, summer, Caribbean feel, very noisy and energetic, popular with the locals and college students and a great value. My son tells me they have $2 tacos on Tuesdays :)

San Francisco
“Really good, a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

In a city filled with restaurants, the Rum House stands out in my mind. We were there last Saturday night for dinner. The food was all so flavorful with unique combinations of seasonings. Our waiter was also charming and polite. I highly recommend this restaurant!

New Orleans
“An Easy Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'm a local and finally decided to see what all the busy hype was about at Rum House. I'm glad I stopped in after so shopping on World Famous Magazine st. The cornmeal Oysters, and fish tacos were tasty along with the corn dressing and rice. The best part was the low price. I'll be visiting again. Be sure to try this spot and you can't beat the fast service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here after a walking tour of the Garden District. We had the vegetarian roti and the Trinidad chicken roti which were both delicious. Service was very quick and staff were helpful, giving us tips for other places to go during our visit. The food portions are huge so only downside was that I couldn't finish my lunch and had to leave some of that delicious food behind.