“Really good, a great experience!”

The Rum House Caribbean Taqueria
Ranked #20 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed August 26, 2013

In a city filled with restaurants, the Rum House stands out in my mind. We were there last Saturday night for dinner. The food was all so flavorful with unique combinations of seasonings. Our waiter was also charming and polite. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'm a local and finally decided to see what all the busy hype was about at Rum House. I'm glad I stopped in after so shopping on World Famous Magazine st. The cornmeal Oysters, and fish tacos were tasty along with the corn dressing and rice. The best part was the low price. I'll be visiting again. Be sure to try this spot and you can't beat the fast service.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here after a walking tour of the Garden District. We had the vegetarian roti and the Trinidad chicken roti which were both delicious. Service was very quick and staff were helpful, giving us tips for other places to go during our visit. The food portions are huge so only downside was that I couldn't finish my lunch and had to leave some of that delicious food behind.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife & I happened upon this place during our Garden District walk. We decided to try it because it was filled with diners at
Lunch.
The place was filled with "local people" enjoying the hip vibe, and the creative food.
I had the tuna salad, and fish tacos, my wife had their combination taco sampler. All our food was served promptly
And it was fresh & Tasty.
Their price point was reasonable too.
If your walking the Garden District, go to Magazine Street and enjoy The Rum House!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went at lunch time and this place was packed!
I got the calypso beef and the jerk chicken. I loved all of the avocados on the beef and the meat was seasoned wonderfully. The jerk chicken was my favorite, the chicken tasted great and the mango salsa on top was perfect.
My grandma got the nachos, which had queso, black beans, and pulled pork (they usually come with pico and jalapenos too)- they were huge! She loved them, which was great because she's a little picky about the seasoning of her food (can't do spicy/hot) but she said they were perfect.
Our food was delivered quickly and the staff was very friendly.