“Best food we had in nola”
Review of A Mano - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Cross street: St Joseph
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After dining here, I can't believe it was not crowded to the gunnels. We previously ate at Jacque I'mos (very noisy, crowded, quality spotty, waited 15 uncomfortable minutes for our reserved table), and pricy. tThen we ate at K.Paul's, which had a great quieter more elegant atmosphere and better food. A Mano was exquisite. Prices were very reasonable for the high quality of each component of every dish. The insalata de mare was so light and fresh that I could ear it every day. The slow cooked rabbit was not impressive visually but was seasoned delicately and cooked to perfection
Finally, the panna cotta was memorable as well.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you are thinking really Italian restaurant, this is not it. The waiter said that the chef would not accept any variations or requests. Take it or leave it. Not even a request for a simple side pasta dish. Menu interesting, very sophisticated and very scant. If you want Italian food, do not be deceived with the Italian restaurant description. Not the place for us regular food loving people

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I just arrived in New Orleans this evening and was directed to A Mano by the front desk pesonnel at the Residence Inn (we also recommend the hotel). The restaurant was very close in proximity so we decided to try it. The menu was very interesting, offering unique dishes such as a rabbit/pork meatball with pesto appetizer (which was very good). Overall the whole meal was very good as was the service, and we would highly recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My Dad and I love New Orleans. And I'd say we are definitely both foodies. I've spent most of my life trying to live up to his cooking abilities but I'm no where close. Well we went to A Mano on a recommendation and it very simply was the best meal either of us had ever had. He applauded when it was over.

We shared the meat board (the duck salami is out of this world) and he had the gnudi pasta while I had the hanger steak. Who knew simple hanger steak could be so good. And the gnudi was so light and flavor-balanced it was an inhuman achievement really. Dessert was a chocolate lovers dream. Flowerless chocolate cake with olive oil and sea salt. And then some chocolate gelato (all house made - in fact everything was house made). I think what makes this food so good is that it's simple flavors with ultra fresh ingredients that are made in house. It's disarmingly good. I'll put it this way, I went just over a year ago and I'm still thinking about A Mano.

Anyway, incredible food, great service, upscale yet relaxed atmosphere, good cocktails, and outrageous food. And in fact, this place is a steal price wise. Beyond reasonably priced for the true quality of the food. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We are locals and eat out A LOT! A Mano is one of the places we chose often both for family and out of town visitors. We especially like to go there after the art gallery openings on the first Saturday of each month.....another don't miss item for visitors. A Mano has a great, upscale menu with interesting specials and a cool, warehouse district vibe. Seating is usually no problem which is surprising given the excellence of its food, service and ambiance.