Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Total Day Tour - Totally Awesome

We opted for the full day combination of the 3 shorter tours as this was our first visit to New... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
berni104
Southampton, United Kingdom
Great food tour experience

I have been all over the globe experiencing food in major cities of the world and I must say this... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
668treyr
Washington DC, District of Columbia
via mobile

All reviews food tour great music french quarter mitch insight parts jazz guide stories tours nola
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Our food tour was probably the best tour we did while staying in New Orleans.

Butch was friendly, knowledgeable and had a great sense of humour.
The food we tried was really good, from the Gumbo at Stanley to the alligator sausages at 801, from the Muffolletta at Frankie to the fresh oysters in the French quarter.

I really loved New Orleans and this tour gives you a great insight of the history of the city and the amazing food which it has to offer.
I am a travel agent and I will be recommending the Urban Adventure tours to all my customers.

Thanks Butch for a great insight of your beautiful city.

Management response:Responded July 14, 2018

Thanks so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and I am thrilled you had a great time!

Reviewed June 12, 2018

Kaizer was a really awesome tour guide, lots of personality and full of knowledge. Born and raised in the area, he has a personal interest in the town and really loves sharing it with visitors. My friends and I had a blast and would highly recommend!

1  Thank Kelly D
Management response:Responded June 13, 2018

Thank you for the review and happy to know you enjoyed your tour.

Reviewed June 10, 2018

Went on tour last Wednesday. We were the only two that day. Met at Artillery Park. Me and my spouse were immediately impressed with Butch. Called him a few days earlier to confirm everything. He emailed all the info. Although I could not open up the MS word attachment. I was using the Homewood Suites computer so who knows. Now you remember me Butch? He took us to five or more places. Ate gumbo, jumbolyla, alligator, Italian hogie, desserts, etc. As we were walking he explained many different things about the French Quarter and French Market. Our tour ended at the French Market with boiled shrimp. Damn that was sooooo good. Learned a lot from Butch. He did not take us to the big fancy restaurants he took us, instead, to these hole in the wall places. He definitely knows where the good food is.

I HIGHLY recommend this guy for your food tour. You will be full when it is over. The restaurants do NOT give you a few measly pieces. Your getting a decent amount of food!!! Butch is the man about town!!!

Management response:Responded June 11, 2018

Thank you for booking the tour with us and so glad you enjoyed your time. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

I had never done a food tour before, so I had no previous experience to lend from. That being said, future tours I go on have a lot to live up to. Our guide Butch chose some excellent locations and dishes. Best gumbo I've had in NoLa, then grilled alligator sausage, muffelatta, beignets, and a shrimp boil.

Initially Butch had planned to have us try oysters, which we were not really interested in. He said it was no problem and switched it to the shrimp boil. It was excellent.

Nice thing was we learned a lot about the town, the food, and the history of both of them. All the while, not having to pay for anything. The fee you pay at booking is all you have to spend. And you will not leave hungry. I highly recommend this tour company, and tour guide Butch.

Management response:Responded June 10, 2018

thank you very much for reviewing the tour and so glad to hear you enjoyed your time! It was a pleasure to meet you.

Reviewed June 1, 2018

Outstanding day with Butch & Kaiser. Both very knowledgeable guides and showed us the locals view of NOLA. Amazing gumbo at Stanley's and ridiculously awesome beignets at Lorraine's. Favorite cocktail was Ramos Gin Fizz at Broussard's. Kaiser's ghost stories and discussions about jazz are not to be missed.

Doing it all in one day might have been a little ambitious on my part, I would actually break it up and do the food one day and the cocktails & Jazz on another day.

#bestdayever #localsknow #woulddoitagain

1  Thank CarynRI
Management response:Responded June 6, 2018

Thank you so much for spending time with us. It was a pleasure to meet you both