Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from New Orleans Urban Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience New Orleans Urban Adventures
from $75.00
from $149.00
from $59.00
from $89.00
More Info
All reviews food tour cocktail tour highly recommend this tour our tour guide beignets great drinks french quarter great storyteller excellent tour great music walking tour mitch jazz knowledge bars nola history
Reviewed June 10, 2018

Went on tour last Wednesday. We were the only two that day. Met at Artillery Park. Me and my spouse were immediately impressed with Butch. Called him a few days earlier to confirm everything. He emailed all the info. Although I could not open up the MS word attachment. I was using the Homewood Suites computer so who knows. Now you remember me Butch? He took us to five or more places. Ate gumbo, jumbolyla, alligator, Italian hogie, desserts, etc. As we were walking he explained many different things about the French Quarter and French Market. Our tour ended at the French Market with boiled shrimp. Damn that was sooooo good. Learned a lot from Butch. He did not take us to the big fancy restaurants he took us, instead, to these hole in the wall places. He definitely knows where the good food is.

I HIGHLY recommend this guy for your food tour. You will be full when it is over. The restaurants do NOT give you a few measly pieces. Your getting a decent amount of food!!! Butch is the man about town!!!

Date of experience: June 2018
Management response:Responded June 11, 2018

Thank you for booking the tour with us and so glad you enjoyed your time. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

I had never done a food tour before, so I had no previous experience to lend from. That being said, future tours I go on have a lot to live up to. Our guide Butch chose some excellent locations and dishes. Best gumbo I've had in NoLa, then grilled alligator sausage, muffelatta, beignets, and a shrimp boil.

Initially Butch had planned to have us try oysters, which we were not really interested in. He said it was no problem and switched it to the shrimp boil. It was excellent.

Nice thing was we learned a lot about the town, the food, and the history of both of them. All the while, not having to pay for anything. The fee you pay at booking is all you have to spend. And you will not leave hungry. I highly recommend this tour company, and tour guide Butch.

Date of experience: June 2018
Management response:Responded June 10, 2018

thank you very much for reviewing the tour and so glad to hear you enjoyed your time! It was a pleasure to meet you.

Reviewed June 1, 2018

Outstanding day with Butch & Kaiser. Both very knowledgeable guides and showed us the locals view of NOLA. Amazing gumbo at Stanley's and ridiculously awesome beignets at Lorraine's. Favorite cocktail was Ramos Gin Fizz at Broussard's. Kaiser's ghost stories and discussions about jazz are not to be missed.

Doing it all in one day might have been a little ambitious on my part, I would actually break it up and do the food one day and the cocktails & Jazz on another day.

#bestdayever #localsknow #woulddoitagain

1  Thank CarynRI
Management response:Responded June 6, 2018

Thank you so much for spending time with us. It was a pleasure to meet you both

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Very intimate! Lots of interesting facts sprinkled in with local music and jazz really brought the tour to life ! Butch is AMAZING and really made the experience!! It was a tour that didn’t feel like a “tour”. A must do in NOLA

2  Thank vinobella1
Management response:Responded June 6, 2018

Hi guys! So glad you enjoyed yourselves. It was a pleasure meeting you both.

Reviewed May 18, 2018

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of being the only 2 on the tour with our guide, Butch. Not only was every spot he chose to go to amazing, but he knew a great deal about the city/history. It was definitely a different dynamic being that there were only 3 of us- it was like a private tour! Hopefully, you can experience something similar. We started in the French Market with the Beignet’s from Loretta’s, Fresh Oysters, Alligator Sausage, Seafood Gumbo and the Muffaletta from Franks- which was definitely our favorite. Thanks again, Butch!

2  Thank Adrian D
Management response:Responded June 6, 2018

Thanks for spending part of your time with us in NOLA! We enjoyed meeting you and are honored you chose us.