Open today: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Review Highlights
Exceeded my expectations

I like to do a photo safari when ever and where ever I travel. I undertook this one back in June... read more

Reviewed August 18, 2018
craigmwhite
Melbourne, Australia
French Quarter and Garden District tours

Reviewed July 4, 2018
Andreas B
Stockholm

All reviews great shots professional photographer digital camera skill level french quarter photography skills photography class learn how garden district taking photos great tour small group different perspective local history would highly recommend this tour walking tour shoot
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Whilst I didn't learn a great deal about photography settings I learnt a significant amount about composition and framing and what goes into taking a great photo.

If I was going to New Orleans tomorrow I'd do this safari again. Having a local guide with a local eye in a foreign city is invaluable and really does add to the whole experience.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

Love doing these phototours! Every new city I come to I try to find a similar tour as I find them to be a great way to experience a new city and they also help you to find details that may be otherwise hard to find. I did the French Quarter and Garden District tours with APS and both were great. The FQ tour was with a small group of photo enthusiast, and the GD tour was solo with just my guide (luxury!). Both tours offers a great opportunity to experience parts of the city, finding fun details etc, and you also get a bit of info about the city as well. The tours cater to both beginners and experienced photographers. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We were recently in New Orleans and had scheduled a French Quarter photo tour. It was a Sunday morning and it ended up being just us! Natasha was quick to find our skill level and what each of us were looking for. There were 3 of us and we shot with everything from an Sony a6000 to an iPhone. Her perspective was fantastic and her tips amazing! It was a great way to see the French Quarter and know you were getting some great pictures to take home. We used her tips through the rest of our stay and I will continue to as I develop my eye and technique. This is a must experience for any photographer who is visiting for the 1st time or 3rd. I would do it again! Such a wonderful experience!!!

Reviewed May 24, 2018

We couldn't get the French Quarter for the dates of our visit but the Garden Quarter was as much amazing and full of photo ops. Natasha was a great guide (although she prefers not to be called a tour guide). She answered all our questions and we learnt quite a bit. I liked her teaching style: she was telling us what she likes to capture and how instead of telling "you must do it this way because that's the only right way". She allowed enough time for each of us to take any pictures we wanted to take and offered her help and advice whenever we needed it.

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

Natasha did an amazing job showing us the area as well as showing a way to shoot the area outside of the standard postcard shots. She gave tons of tips on operating the camera for the beginners in the group (like me) as well as the more advanced students. Recommend without question.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

My husband treated me to a photo safari tour for my birthday on a recent trip to NOLA. I have had a digital camera for about 5 years but didn't know how to use all of the settings on it. Natasha was our tour guide and she taught me so much about my camera and about how to see things differently when taking pictures. She took the time to show me shadow, light, perspective, etc. I really learned a lot and enjoyed her stories of the French Quarter. My husband was able to tag along on the tour for a small fee. I would highly recommend this tour if you are wanting to learn more about photography or about your specific camera.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

My 14 year old daughter has an SLR and loves photography. I have an iPhone and just let her take the photos. We both loved it, got great shots and learned a lot. It doesn’t feel like your on a hokey tour and she gives you the history too. Small group too. Just 4 of us. It was worth every penny. Natasha was fantastic.

1  Thank ANNIESaks
Reviewed March 18, 2018

Natasha gave my wife and me a photo walking tour of the French Quarter. The photo tour is designed for people with all photo skill levels. It is also a great way to see and learn about the FQ even if you do not take any photos. Natasha is very knowledgeable about the history of the French Quarter. The first eight photos I posted are photos of subjects Natasha suggested; the first seven of them are her suggested compositions. I took quite a few other nice photos based on Natasha’s suggestions. I took the last ten photos I posted during the photo tour as we walked by interesting buildings to photograph.

1  Thank pepperoni2018
Reviewed March 11, 2018

I initially booked the wrong day but Chris kindly sorted me out. When I arrived (nearly caught out by time change last night....!) I found it was just Natash and me so had a great guided tour.
It was fun to hear Natasha’s take on composition and symmetry. As I was vaguely competent we got straight into it and had a great walk - and, even better, finished before the storm came in!
Highly recommended.

1  Thank sailornipper
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Chris was very responsive to email questions and got me signed up for a tour the next day. Natasha was a delightful guide, offering professional assistance with the camera and settings if needed. She quickly figured out we knew how to use our cameras so she switched gears smoothly into focusing on taking us to interesting sites, offering us tips for compositions that incorporated local points of interest, and entertaining us with stories throughout the walk. I've been to New Orleans for work perhaps as many as 25 times over the years, but this photowalk made my photography memorable. Highly recommended.

1  Thank PeripateticReader