“Good Workshop”

American Photo Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: What happens when you combine a sightseeing tour with a photography class? American Photo Safari! Grab your camera, put on your walking shoes and join us for a fun and informative three hour photography workshop in New Orleans. Learn secrets for taking great photos from local, professional photographers. Perfect for beginners! Explore the historic French Quarter or the Garden District with an insider. No more boring snapshots!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago
“Good Workshop”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Very pleased with the workshop. The instructor, Chris, was both friendly and very infomative. A very good value. Highly recommend the workshop.

Visited December 2012

Mandeville, Louisiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Worthwhile workshop”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

You get a tour (which is a bonus) and a lot of knowledge about operating a camera. Well worth the money spent.

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great experience and value !”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just finished my French quarter 2.5 hr tour with Chris. Very small group which allowed for an intimate and educational experience. I learned a lot about the basics if photography and some new things about my camera- as well a some tidbits about New Orleans history and architecture. I would highly recommend this tour to beginners and intermediate level photographers.

Metairie, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great tour/workshop!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Unless you're a professional photographer, this was a great photo tour/workshop in the beautiful French Quarter in New Orleans. My guide/instructor, Chris Loomis, was able to explain some of the most confusing aspects of photography in ways anyone could understand - things like composition, depth of field, and white balance. Got some great shots in my own city - some things I had never seen before. I highly recommend American Photo Safari.

Visited November 2012
Gulf Breeze
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I recently did this tour and ended up having a personal tour and class! Chris was very kind, funny, and helpful. I am not new to using my camera but he gave me many useful tips and recommendations to help improve my shots. This company is so great that even at the end of the tour they offer help for the future should you need it! If you are interested in photography and are looking for some fresh insights and tips - take this tour! Thank you American Photo Safari!

Visited October 2012

Been to American Photo Safari? Share your experiences!