“worth a walk~by”

and up
New Orleans American Horror Story Unauthorized Walking Tour
Ranked #113 of 354 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Considered one of the most haunted locations in the French Quarter, a peak at this historic mansion (circa 1832) will send chills up and down your spine.
Eze, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“worth a walk~by”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Privately owned, you cannot tour the LaLaurie Mansion, but it is beautifully restored and well worth a walk by. It's hard to believe such horrors happened at such a beautiful location.

2 Thank Emily H

Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Its a beautiful Mansion with a dark story to it”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We walked to the Mansion just because I had read so much about it. Its a beautiful house. Forgetting a bit of the negative story behind it, it was owned at different times to Nick Cage and also Johnny Depp, so that made it interesting. It is privately owned so you can't go in. But the beauty of it alone is worth seeing. If you want the thrill behind the dark story you might want to have a guide talk you through it. It was sad to think so many cruel things happened here.

69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Creepy house”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was visiting New Orleans for Wrestlemania and couldn't pass by this infamous house. I didn't do a tour with this included as I know a lot about the house already. It would have been great to have seen inside but just seeing the outside of the house was good enough for me,

Metro Detroit
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“You don't need to see the house to get the hype”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My first visit, years ago, gave me bad dreams on occasion (you could say it haunted me). My second visit, my tour guide wouldn't walk more than half up the block. Nor would he tell us of any atrocity that may or may not have occurred. I got a blue orb in 2 pictures out of 20. Third time, I was there with a local who read the newspaper article in french and knows people who have lived there. It is not the house the Lalaurie family lived in. After the fire, the mob demolished it. The facts ruined the haunted romance for me.

2 Thank wendylynn1999
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Creepy as hell.”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

If you desire a thrill, you've seen American Horror Story Coven, or you are interested in dark, gory history, this place is perfect for you. Get ready for chills, everybody.
I would say the only downside is you can't get in... But the outside is really all you need to see for the shivers; night or day.

4 Thank YoMama11