“Good burger. Slow service”

Poppy's Time Out Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #396 of 1,991 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Poppy's Time Out is a fun sports bar located on the banks of the Mississippi River. Watch the game while watching the ships pass on the River.We offer Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. We have so many T.V.'s & draft beer choices. We offer: Hamburgers, Pizza, Po-boys, Wings, Killer Sandwiches & stuff for the Little Leaguer's(Kids). Our signature drink is the Poppy's Voodoo Juice; it is SO strong it will cast a spell on you.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Burgers were good. Servers were slow. Gator bites tasted just like cheap hilshire farm sausage from the store. Was good, but If you are looking for something authentic, this is DEF not the place to go. Would recommend for a quick bite.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had to have a crab cake "poboy" for lunch in New Orleans. So this was it. Not bad, but the bun was a bit stale. Can go home now and say I had one. But I think there are better places to get one.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The night I decided to visit it had been raining and the chairs were full of water. My friend and a couple of other guests found out the hard way. We decided to take a late night stroll. We both had Frozen Daiquiris, Piña Colada flavored and a tray of nachos with guacamole. The nachos had some kind of Old Bay seasoning which was delish and the drink was either 16oz or 32 oz. of course I had the 32 oz and it was so thick, the roof of my mouth felt like I sucked all the skin off of it. Other than that, it was a great experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had a wonderful view of the Mississippi but the food was average at best. The Po'Boy I ordered came very dry and the bread was stale. The beverages were excellent and if going to watch sports and drink, the place would be best suited for that. Also conveniently located on the Riverwalk.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The view is nice being right on the Riverwalk, the beer comes in really large cups, and there was some music. Other than that don't bother eating here. Our poor server was so over worked, with no help, he kept making mistakes, forgot drinks, and was spilling some stuff.

I got the shrimp po boy. The shrimp was good but the bread was dry, almost stale, and there was no moisture to the sandwich. There was one slice of tomato and a little lettuce... we asked for mayonaisse to try to help make it 'stick' together and give it some flavor.