“Great charming place to stay!”
Review of Monrose Row

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Monrose Row
Ranked #38 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past weekend and it was an amazing trip! Cindy stayed up late for our arrival and was very welcoming. She helped us with our bags and showed us to our room. We stayed on the 3rd floor, which is the room that covers the entire floor, and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Not only is the room beautifully restored, but the house is as well! Our breakfast was delicious each morning and Cindy even offered us maps and gave us helpful directions! This B&B is one of a kind and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank julienowings
There are newer reviews for Monrose Row

Reviewed February 11, 2011

This was my second time staying at Monrose Row. I stayed there last May and when I found out I was going back to New Orleans, I immediately called the owner, Cindy and booked my stay. I invited my mother to join me as I knew she would be equally as blown away by Cindy's hospitality and beautiful place.

If Cindy could uproot her B&B and put it in every city I have to travel to I would be one happy camper!

The breakfast that she prepared each morning was not only so beautiful that I had to take pictures of it ... but absolutely divine to the taste!

She is clearly in the right industry as no one does it as well as she does! The place is immaculate and she is readily available to help with advice on restaurants and history of the city.

I can't say enough positive things! I will absolutely stay there every time I visit NOLA.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank sabrynablaineaprons
Reviewed October 29, 2010

It is rare to come across so many wonderful things in one place. Stepping inside the shuttered door to Cindy's home is delight to all senses. Exquisite comfortable elegance invites you in immediately. This is a place where every inch has been carefully and lovingly restored and decorated. Everything that the other reviewers have said is so true, so I won't elaborate on these details. What was equally as important to me was a profound appreciation for the woman who made this magical place come into being. Cindy is a courageous visionary, a warm and generous hostess. The only problem with my stay there was that I didn't want to leave! I could call this place home. I live nearby so I will be back, and I will tell my friends about this very special place. My only hope is that there will be room for me at the inn when I can visit next.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Frannie62
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I was fortunate enough to stay here in February. At the time, the B&B was not on tripadvisor and I searched high and low for the right place. This place did not disappoint AT ALL!! My brother and I took our sister for her 50th Birthday and stayed in the room that covers the entire top floor. Perfect space for three adults that still provided more than enough privacy.
Cindy is a wonderful host. The house is beautifully decorated with unique art work, antiques and a simple yet elegant feel. Cannot imagine ever staying anywhere else in New Orleans. Can't wait to get back with my husband sometime soon.

• Stayed: February 2010
2  Thank nicoledt
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed wit h Cindy at Monrose Row (Room 2) for 4 nights in October and had the most amazing time. After a long hot drive from Memphis we arrived to be greeted with a warm welcome, coffee and plenty of advice on how to make the most of our stay in New Orleans. Our room was more of a suite than a B&B bedroom with separate bathroom and lounge area and was such a pleasant place to be in with lovely victorian style iron bed and polished wooden floors (it has the feeling of a boutique hotel). The rest of the house is also beautifully decorated.

Monrose Row is on a nice tree lined street with other "posh" B&Bs & residential houses just outside the French Quarter (5min walk) with the added benefit of free parking (parking in the french quarter can cost 25US per day). As mentioned by other reviewers, Cindy is an amazing cook and made us different home cooked breakfasts every morning that were simply delicious (esp omelettes and home baked muffins) and so filling that we ended up skipping lunch and eating in the evening only.

We are on an around the world trip so the free wifi available in the room was also really useful. We loved New Orleans and will definitely be back and when we go, we will stay at Monrose again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohnfromLondontown
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Beautifuly charming and elegant.
Monrose Row is exquisite beyond belief. Comfortable, relaxing and secluded just off the French Quarter but in easy walking distance to everything.
Cindy is the quintessential hostess. She makes homemade Bran muffins that are soft and squidgy and melt in your mouth and her homemade Granola is wickedly good. And her coffee will make you salivate for another cup. I don't know how she does it but I want to marry her!!!
Cindy has worked on her B&B tirelessly for years to produce perfection. She has done everything pretty much herself and continues to do everything herself.
All of her furniture and other interior decor works flawlessly together so well. There is a lovely courtyard too for just hanging out in the morning slurping her coffee or in the evening enjoying a glass of wine or a Hurricane.
Why would anyone bother to stay at a chain hotel when you could stay at Monrose Row, I do not know. This is our fourth time staying at Monrose Row and we will always go back as long as it is there and Cindy is there.
Do yourself a favour and call her and book it. You will not be sorry.
Thank you Cindy I love you. You feel like a long time friend.

Cheers

All the best

Julian and Laura

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jb1965
Reviewed June 7, 2010

There are many B&B's in New Orleans, so it seemed like we were taking a chance when we booked this one which wasn't even listed on TripAdvisor, nor could we find any decent reviews. But its website was whimsical and charming, and the pictures on it are lovely. So we gave it a shot, and well I don't think we could have done better.

Like New Orleans, the Monrose Row had a storied history, but was in shambles when innkeeper Cindy bought it over a decade ago. She has restored it to an elegance that to me embodies the essence of New Orleans, at once scruffy around the edges but richly beautiful in the whole.

When we stepped into Room 2 (there are only 3 in the entire double-house, one of which takes up the whole top floor) in the Carriage house, it felt we were transported through time and space. Stained oak floors shone with years of polish; antique furniture with no two pieces a like; red bricked fireplace in both the bedroom and sitting room; and morning light slanting through the wooden blinds filling the room with shades of amber and romance. A place like this really makes you wonder why anyone would stay at a soul-less chain hotel, especially in a city like this.

When we arrived, Cindy waited up past midnight for us, poured us drinks from her own fridge, and made great breakfast including her signature "Monster" muffins sources to several local coffee shops. When we got stuck in uptown late at night, she got out of bed to help us out. We felt like friends, not guests, staying over. And we wouldn't hesitate send any friends of ours to Cindy.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple