“Monrose Row is Awesome!”
Review of Monrose Row

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Monrose Row
Ranked #36 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Monrose Row is Awesome!”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Where to begin? Cindy is an amazing hostess! She really cared about our experience both in her B&B and in the city. She's lived and worked in the French Quarter for years, so she knows the city, the history, the musical acts. Everything she suggested was top notch and she was helpful in arranging tours and events for us. Her breakfasts were delicious - even by New Orleans (a foodie city) standards.

Her home is gorgeous. She's spent years renovating the place herself to historical accuracy and the utmost comfort of her guests. Our suite was spacious, with a generous sitting room and beautiful marble shower. The courtyard is beautiful. And the location was perfect - we walked everywhere we went and always felt safe.

Like others, I almost want to keep it for myself. I'd hate for us not to be able to stay there on our next trip to NOLA, which we definitely plan on doing. I know I may be gushing, but I can't say enough about how great Monrose Row is.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Liz C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Temecula, California
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Hands-down, Monrose Row B&B is one of the best places I have ever stayed! We've been all over and usually stay at larger hotels, but the charm and hospitality that Monrose Row offers just can't be beat! We booked the attic room for my husband's birthday trip and were very pleased. It was extremely spacious, with an additional living/sitting area, lovely furniture and accents, and amenities. Cindy is a wonderful host, serving delicious breakfasts, recommending restaurants and tours, and offering friendly conversation. The location in The Treme was also great, just far enough from the noise of the French Quarter, but just a short walk to anywhere. We will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: Take the attic room, you will not be disappointed! 1400 square feet!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank missamiann
Temple, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

This B&B is fantastic! Cindy is wonderful ! If we go back to NO we will stay with Cindy again. We drove our car to NO we park the car and no one time had the need to drive any where, the location was in a close walk to all the fun things to do in NO. we had the best time. Oh the gas station next to Cindy's place has the best fry chicken ever, I know, a gas station, what can I say is New Orleans!

Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Redroses8991
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We booked this B&B after seeing it had a perfect record on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed! Cindy was such a great host - providing tips on where to eat and what to see (beyond the usual tourist spots), and even packing us a breakfast-to-go on our last morning as we had an early morning flight. We stayed in room two and it was perfect - beautifully restored but with modern touches which blended in perfectly . It was great to have a separate sitting area, and the bathroom was spotless with beautiful fluffy towels. The rest of the house was also stunning - a credit to the hard work that Cindy has put in over the years. The location was an easy walk into the French Quarter, no need for a car. Do not hesitate - book Monrose Row now!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TKT11
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I really have very little to add to the previous reviews as our stay was fantastic, but do want to confirm that this place is all it's cracked up to be. The only reason that I would say anything bad about Monrose or the neighbourhood is to make sure it doesn't get too popular as I want to keep it to myself for future visits. :-)

As per some advice I received from hostess Cindy and City Concierge extraordinaire Rose (Cindy's neighbour), you have to spend some time on Frenchmen St. away from the main French Quarter.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank EugeZ
Danville, California
Reviewed January 20, 2012

After reading all of the over-the-moon Trip Advisor reviews, I thought Monrose Row seemed too good to be true. Well, I shouldn't have worried, because this place is truly special. First of all, the photos you see online represent exactly what you'll find when you arrive at the inn. (This in itself should earn MR a five-star rating.) Located in the Treme, a residential neighborhood two blocks from the French Quarter, the inn is stunning, gorgeously remodeled, and an absolute pleasure to stay in. Cindy, the proprietor, is just as described by all the other reviewers: exceedingly helpful, a great cook (breakfasts are included in the room rate), and always, always friendly, ready to offer suggestions regarding cabs, directions, restaurants, etc.

With only three rooms, the atmosphere is low-key and relaxing. Most of the time I felt as if I had the entire place to myself. I stayed in Room Three, which has two twin beds that can be converted into a king if neccessary. The separate sitting room was wonderful and extremely comfortable. I was working on a project that kept me on the computer for most of my stay, so the free wifi and quiet atmosphere made Monrose Row a perfect choice for me. Although I was in a neighborhood I was unfamiliar with I never felt unsafe. After dark I took cabs to and from the inn, which I would do anywhere, not just in NO. Street parking is plentiful; in fact I parked directly in front of the hotel for almost the entire three days I was there.

I used to stay in the Quarter on my trips to New Orleans, but never again. This place is amazing.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Havecakewilltravel
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Cindy does an amazing job of running Monrose Row as well as being a great hostess.
As mentioned in previous reviews the breakfasts are worth getting up for!
My suite had two rooms with a separate bathroom.
The decor is very tasteful, a great combination of southern antiques, alongside modern Scandinavian furniture. This really sets the B&B apart from others in New Orleans that have very literal furnishings that give a museum look.
Monrose Row is a boutique size, there was only ever a couple of people staying at the same time as me. This gave a very cozy, homely feel.
The location was perfect, the Treme is a more authentic version of the French Quarter. Lovely architecture and friendly locals. It was an easy walk to the centre of town which was great for those wanting to explore the city. The taxi ride home was $7 if you give up on the walking!

Room Tip: I never had any problems sleeping but.... if you don't like hearing people move around you shoul...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo