“Great way to see the city!!!”

Big Easy Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Easy Bike Tours offers casually paced tours of New Orleans. We offer 3 different tours and the ability to combine them for those seeking a longer more detailed tour. Bikes are delivered to your hotel, yes we meet you! This is the best way to see, feel and smell the city of New Orleans. After finishing your Big Easy Bike Tour you will have a good understanding of the city and a long list of things to do and places to go. Big Easy Bike Tours offers the longest bike tour in the city the 20 mile RIDE along with our most popular the 10 mile Esplanade Avenue of the Creoles tour. All tours are 3 hours and combination tours are 5 hours. For information about any of our tours check out the website today. Reservations are required.
Orange County
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great way to see the city!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

We found Big Easy Bike Tours through a special deal on Groupon. It was a great experience. Bob was extremely friendly and informative. He dropped off our bikes at our hotel the night before the tour. Unfortunately, someone stole the baskets from the bikes overnight, but he was still good-natured about it. He met up with us at our hotel and we rode to pick up the other people for the tour. Our group totaled 6 people, which was the perfect amount, in my opinion. He gave everyone a bottle of water, and he was accommodating in stopping for drinks and restroom breaks.

The tour was over 3 hours total. Bob was very informative and pointed out a lot of things that we would not have known or noticed otherwise. There were 3 different tours to choose from. We chose the Esplanade Avenue tour, so after taking us through the French quarter, we went down Esplanade to see the historic Creole homes. Not only did he point out historic buildings, he also told us about the history of the architecture and the social life of those times. He also took us down Frenchman Street and recommended certain bars for live music, and suggested that they were better than the ones on Bourbon Street (we checked out the bars that night and he was definitely right about how it was better than Bourbon. I highly suggest that you visit this area if you’re interested in talented musicians and famous jazz clubs that you think of when thinking about New Orleans). We rode through the cemetery where he explained the burial process and the tradition of a funeral jazz. We continued riding through their Central Park, which was a great surprise to me because I didn’t even know New Orleans had a park.

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Bob. I liked how the group was not too big, and that Bob took us to places outside of the city that we would not have had a chance to see otherwise. We also got a great workout; we biked about 14 miles. I would recommend scheduling the tour early, because it would get hot later on in the day. I can’t imagine how Bob does it. He has tours at 9am, drops us off at 1230 in the afternoon, and then he’s off for his 1pm tour. Then he probably goes around to pick up the bikes and to drop them off at other hotels for the next day’s tours. This guy really works to make it a pleasant experience for you, and it shows. I highly recommend this tour for anyone who wants to see other parts of the city other than what is downtown. I would love to come back and do it again.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Bob embodies the spirit of New Orleans!”
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I was traveling for business and had some time to burn. I had read about some of the bike tours that go through some of the great neighborhoods of New Orleans like the Treme and the Lower 9th. I was really interested in seeing some of these neighborhoods that have contributed to the culture and heritage of this great city, so I called Bob. He was super accommodating and got me set up with a tour very last minute (when other companies in town wouldn't accommodate me.) He limits his tours to 5 people, so it's easy to hear him and the group is not unmanageable.

Bob has a wealth of knowledge about the history, heritage and culture of New Orleans and shared so much great information with us. Not only was he friendly, but you can tell he has a deep love for the city and he shares that with the people who take his tours.

Our tour was about 3 hours long - we rode approx 10 miles and saw some amazing things, including tons of gorgeous architecture, colorful neighborhoods like Bywater, and the location of one of the levee breaches in the Lower 9th. Very somber. Absolutely LOVED this tour and I will take another one next time I'm back in New Orleans!

New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Way to See New Orleans, by cruiser bicycle with a great guide”
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I was in New Orleans for business and really wanted to SEE the city, not just walk past it. Big Easy Bike Tours is the way to go. Owner and guide Bob will take you past places you would not think to visit, tell you folklore and fact about the city and really make you feel like you have experienced the real New Orleans...The BEST part, he brings the bikes to you! Don't miss this!

Sierra Foothills
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“One of the Highlights of our Trip”
Reviewed April 21, 2010

A trip to the Big Easy is not complete without a bike tour with Bob. He will guide you through the history spots and neighborhoods that you would easily walk right past. The half way stop at the bar for a cold brew was perfect and the cruise through the Garden District was memorable. Bob really enriched our experience of New Orleans. We also took your advice on Frenchmans Street and had a fabulous time that evening! Sounds like a new tour in your future-----the "Pub Crawl" with Bob!
All the best, Linda & Bob