“Phenomenal Cocktails”

CURE
Ranked #379 of 2,044 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Description: Craft Cocktail Bar, Esoteric Beer & Wine, Elegant Atmosphere, Happy Hour from 5pm-7pm, Half Priced Wine on Thursdays, Excellent Late Night Dining!!!!
Reviewed April 1, 2014

What an ambiance! NOLA has a gem in this cocktail bar. Fabulous food, killer drinks and an amazing experience. Would recommend anyone heading here to come down for great drinks and friendly service.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We sat at the bar for cocktails and enjoyed the drinks and service from our bartender. She also had great recommendations about other places to enjoy during our visit, and tips about the best way to travel around town. The weather prevented us from sitting outside, but the interior was very nicely designed (sort of a New York aesthetic). We loved it and will absolutely go back.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We are locals who live in the neighborhood so we knew Cure was different as far as bars go. The cocktails are good and consistent. But this is less of a fun gathering place and more an institution honoring fine cocktails. We've experienced their pretentiousness in the past but decided to give it a go anyway. It was a slow Tuesday nite and we wanted a nite cap after fried chicken dinner (A++) at High Hat down the street. From the moment we sat at bar, the bearded bartender started with the attitude. We obviously we're not cocktail snobs and he was now doing us a favor by serving us. The condescension was palpable, complete with excessive rolling of the eyes. Incredible. And this guy is a bar tender, i.e. service industry. We had to leave our bar seats and find a table bc the bar troll was unbearable. Thankfully, our waitress, Natalia, could not have been nicer. I doubt there will be a next time at Cure for me, but if there is, you won't find me sitting at the bar.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

So, I rarely order a "handcrafted cocktail" when out anymore. They are too often overly sweet or not well balanced, or you don't get enough alcohol for the price tag. I could tell walking into this place, that it would be worth giving it a try. and not immediately ordering my standard bourbon on the rocks. The cocktail menu is very well thought out and quite unique. The space is nicely lit (not too bright), and while it feels "fancy" compared to a lot of new orleans bars, people were not all very dressed up, so we felt very comfortable hopping off the bikes and dropping in for a drink in rolled up jeans and tshirt-especially on the patio outside. Our service was great-didn't experience anything but pleasantness and the cocktails were made carefully but timely. I had Berlin in the 70's and my partner had one that I think was called hotel room temperature. Both were excellent-and I usually dislike whatever he orders as he likes a very medicinal cocktail flavor. These were extremely well balanced and simply delicious. It was the best cocktail I've had a in a long time, and one of the best overall cocktail menus I've ever seen in my travels.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

For our first trip to New Orleans, I wanted my boyfriend and I to get off Bourbon Street and do something other than drink Hurricanes. Cure was fantastic, we both loved it. The bar is beautiful, cozy and chic. It was unusually empty for a Saturday night but that was due to the NFL playoff games going on and a lack of tvs in this place. Ive read other reviews about the service being a little snooty but we had a good experience. The bar tender was quiet at first but warmed up to us and chatted a bit about football with my boyfriend, etc. I had the Sparkle Pony and Cosmetic Damage cocktails, both drinks were like nothing I had ever had before and I loved them. My boyfriend tried his first Sazerac for a steal at the happy hour price. If we were local, this would be a regular place for us...we'll definitely go back!