“Eclectic Home Made Popsicles”

Meltdown Gourmet Popsicles
Ranked #1,007 of 1,979 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Ninth Ward
Description: Homemade gourmet popsicles. meltdownpopsicles@gmail.com
Reviewed January 12, 2013

After reading the reviews I had to give it a try. I had salted caramel. Other flavors available today were tangerine cream, salted chocolate olive oil, strawberry hibiscus to name a few. A good different experience. Shop is very austere with an ice cream cooler and handwritten menus. They state they use only the freshest whole ingredients.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My girlfriends and I stopped here for a treat after lunch. It was fabulous! The salted Carmel was outstanding! I don't know what they put in them but I want more. Do not miss this place!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a can't miss place in the French Quarter. Skip Cafe du Monde and the tourist traps. Come here. The popsicles are homemade, creative and divine -- watermelon being my personal favourite. The hibiscus lemonade in the summer is fantastically refreshing. The owner puts her heart and soul into the endeavour, and takes requests. I loved it whenever I saw the travelling cart. I honestly wish she delivered in dry ice to Canada. Each time I'm in NOLA, I go here every day. 5 stars, can't rave enough about it.

1  Thank SugarSammy
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had the salty caramel and after I had walked three blocks I wanted to go back and try even another one...fantastic...went back the next day with three guests in tow and several of us had two apiece...just great flavors and taste that it was our dessert after lunch..talented and personable staff and do make the effort to find this place just a few steps off of Decatur.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

OMG, this place is AMAZING!! Handmade popsicles to die for...the salted caramel is divine, but so are all the others! We were completely addicted from day one...