“Hidden gem”

Ranked #757 of 1,952 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Pig Pie Pizza is new in New Orleans. It is across the street from Le Pavillion hotel on Baronne. (504) 218-8656
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

If Big Pie had not been near our hotel, I doubt we would have tried this little "hole in the wall" restaurant, but I am glad we did. The pizza was very good. We went back during our stay due to long waits at other restaurants unless you had a reservation.

Visited April 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Pizza made us sick”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We went to this place for take-out at 9:30 p.m. on a Saturday night. We chose this place for the proximity to our hotel. There were only 2 people in the restaurant / bar which should have been an indication of what to expect given the time. The pizza was greasy and made both my husband and I sick. For whatever reason - with only 4 patrons at this point - the kitchen got our order wrong...ordered a pepperoni pizza and received a meat lovers instead.

Colorado
“Pretty good pizza at a fair price even when others are closed.”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I cannot believe people are upset about paying $6.99 for a pizza. Really?

We found this place on a Sunday when just about everything else in the area was closed except for the chains like Dominos. We were happy to find it, and happy with what we got for the price. Yes, it is a thin crust pizza, and, so, it's going to take a larger pizza to fill you up, but you also taste more of the real flavor of the pizza instead of just the crust. We took advantage of the "special" which was two, one-topping large pizzas for $9.99 each with a 2 liter bottle of soda thrown in for no extra charge.

I like the flavor and texture of the crust, and the sauce was good. There was no aftertaste in either. The toppings were a bit skimpy, but I did not mind. I would definitely come back here whether it were a Sunday when everything is closed or not.

The menu is expansive, and includes sandwiches, calzones, burgers, wings, quesadillas, wraps, pastas, and appetizers. You can find something for any taste at this place, including hummus, gyro meat, and feta cheese.

All in all, it was a good, fair value, and a better alternative for visitors from out of town who don't want to eat the same "stuff" they can get at home. The waitstaff was friendly, and accommodating. The restaurant/bar itself was clean, and you could see right into the kitchen to make sure your food was being prepared in a sanitary environment. They do deliver, but, if you are staying nearby, it's no big deal to walk on over and check it our for yourself.

It's a nice, decent place with good, tasty pizza, and nice drink specials. We enjoyed two Bloody Marys at 2 for $10.00, and they were well done, too.

No, this isn't Emeril, Besh, or Prudhomme, but it's pretty darned good, and it's proof that you can get good, tasty food at affordable prices in or near the French Quarter.

• Visited March 2014
Frankfort, Illinois
“good food, fast service, convenient to Comfort Inn”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

While staying at Comfort Inn & Suites on the same block, we decided to eat dinner in our room. We called Big Pie and ordered pizza, lasagna, and fries. Everything was made quickly and tasted excellent.

I wouldn't call this a "must visit" destination, but it's a great neighborhood place for a quiet night.

I didn't go in to pick up the takeout, so I don't know what the atmosphere is like.

• Visited March 2014
Short Hills, New Jersey
“Good pizza & calzone ”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped in to take some late lunch back to the Le Pavillon hotel across the street. The garlic shrimp pizza was perfect - flavors in balance and the crust was crispy but not overdone. The pepperoni calzone was equally good. They have a couple of beers on tap, place seemed clean, and the space is in a traditional, high-ceiling NOLA building. The storefront photo on Tripadvisor is out if date by the way.