“Better than the Most Well-Known”
Review of Boucherie

Boucherie
Reserve with OpenTable
Boucherie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 1,947 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Corsicana, Texas
“Better than the Most Well-Known”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We've been to New Orleans many times and have eaten at the most popular and well known restaurants, but this one is overall, considering price and quality (deliciousness), our new favorite. My culinary vocabulary lacks the ability to adequately describe each item, but they were all perfect. Keep in mind that the menu changes every two months, but these were the items we had: hamachi sashimi, collard greens (really, just try them), duck confit for appetizers; ribs, duck, salmon escabeche, and tuna (one of the specials) for entrees. For dessert we had Thai chili chess pie, and Krispy Kreme bread pudding. The wine list is good with several wines by the glass. They have a special cocktail list. We enjoyed the back to the future 3, which is made with sage gin.

Be sure to make reservations. It's small and inside was a little noisy. We waited about an hour and got to sit on the porch, which was very nice. You have to have reservations to sit inside. We really enjoyed talking to everyone there. They are very passionate and knowledgeable about their food. It's about a 15 minute drive from the French Quarter.

1 Thank DDFAustin

Brooklyn, NY
“Absolutely excellent”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Boucherie was recommended by our local foodie friends as well as the concierge at our hotel. It is a true gem. A small converted house with limited tables. The food is truly special. We started with the shrimp & grits cake as well as the collard greens & fried grits. Both were fantastic. After days of eating local fish & seafood we went for meat - the St. Louis style ribs and the Wagyu smoked brisket. A nice bottle of light red wine and we were well on our way to a perfect meal.
Save room for dessert! The Krispy Kreme bread pudding is outrageous. Using the plain raised donuts - its actually light & delicate.
In a city filled with fine dining Boucherie is a real stand out.

1 Thank bigonion
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great atmosphere and a great po boy”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My friends and I stumbled in here as we were going to a nearby place, but since a parking spot was open in front at lunch and I'd seen the reviews, we came on in. It looks like a place that probably does a lot with local ingredients and local farmers, and no doubt the food was fresh.

A couple of us got a fried mahi mahi po boy...it was a huge hit. I gave half to my fiancée and she loved it as well. Beyond the fish, it had a great turnipy slaw with cilantro that was a jolt of flavor. On a nice crispy bun as well. I traded half to get some of my fiancées wagyu brisket. The meat itself was great...rich brisket flavor, almost like chunks of pot roast. Unfortunately, the chef drowned it in BBQ sauce. Now, I will rarely argue with too much BBQ sauce, but the meat can stand on its own, and I would've ordered the sauce to the side. The BBQ sauce had a great taste, it was just too much. Garlic Parmesan fries had freshly shaved Parmesan and with what I'm guessing is a homemade vinegar available at the table, I could've eaten a basket of the,. Delicious. I think the dinner menu would probably not be too different or much higher priced than lunch, which I'd say makes this place a fantastic value.

If I lived here, I'd imagine this to be a great place for a romantic date. Small and quaint inside.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Simply Superb”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

A gem of a place that truly deserves all the praise it gets. Went out with a couple of friends without a reservation as it was midweek, but its a small place and the only room available was outdoors. It was a bit chilly, but with the terrace warmer fired up and a few swigs of alcohol we were fine. Betwen us we tried the a couple of the apetisers, the mahi mahi, and the wagyu beef. The beef was outstanding. For dessert we had the krispy kreeme pudding, which was sinfully good. One of my best meals ever. Next time I'm calling in and booking my table!

Visited February 2014
Armonk, New York, USA
“Excellent food but fair service”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We loved the food- very well prepared and delicious. We had the ribs and Boudin which were spectacular. However we felt that the staff was not warm and friendly. The room was small and cramped. There was street parking which could be difficult at times.

Visited February 2014