“anyone who says nothing's perfect obviously has not been to Boucherie”
Review of Boucherie

Boucherie
Reserve with OpenTable
Boucherie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #187 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Delray Beach, Florida
“anyone who says nothing's perfect obviously has not been to Boucherie”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Perfection begins at the door when one is greeted by the most charming people one could ever want to encounter at a restaurant - and that is only the beginning. Everything i/we tasted was beyond superb. I hereby order you to buy everything on the menu but if you are unwilling to do so you must at least have BBQ ribs , which are superior to and unlike any you've ever tasted before....and also have brisket and amazing parmesan garlicy fries and if you pass up the handmade ice cream...oh....and don't forget the collard greens and grits fries. Let me back up here...just order everything on the menu. Ya hear me? And when you are finshed eating and discover that you've spent half of what it would cost you and any restaurant that comes even close to Boucherie you'll want to hug everyone on the excellent and excellently trained staff. Are you getting the feeling here that I loved this restaurant?

• Visited October 2013

Wash.,D.C.
“Some outstanding dishes, but incredibly slow service”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

For our first trip to NOLA, we consulted Yelp and Trip advisor and both recommended Boucherie as great food. For out of towners, note this restaurant is not withing walking distance of tourist areas like French Quarter, cab ride from there was almost $20 each way. The restaurant is in a renovated house, so its kind of cozy, like you are eating in someones home. But the area is a bit so-so for the Garden District.

We were seated promptly, and had a wonderful appetizer of Boudin Balls.
For main dish, my husband ordered BBQ Wagyu which was amazing, very tender and delicious. My Apple and Cheese Pierogies did not work so well (very thick dough and tasted almost undercooked) and I only ate part of my meal.

Dessert was an amazing Krispy Kreme Bread pudding, it tasted as good as it sounds.

My main complaint (and other diners too) was the incredidbly slow service. It seemed like the wait between starter and main course was 20-30 minutes. They only seemed to have a few servers for the entire place and drinks too a very long time to get refilled. Staff seemed overwhelmed, not sure if it was an "off" night.

Some stars in the menu, but if I come back I will drive there and make sure I have plenty of time to devote to dinner. I am not sure I would rate this the best restaurant in New Orleans.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank anah1717
Coppell, Texas, United States
“Small plates galore & great drinks”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our group of 3 made reservations 3 weeks in advance for a Saturday night. The small place was completely packed, on a side street, so we had a to park a couple of blocks away. No problem - the food was great. We each had a cocktail - very reasonably priced and well spiked & ordered a bunch of small plates for sharing. Luckily, the all arrived at different times and we had a nice, slow enjoyable meal. I think we were the only non-locals in the restaurant. Every dish was delicious and very reasonably priced. The best dish was dessert - the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding - with nice hot coffee. Yummy!!

• Visited October 2013
South Padre Island, Texas
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Perfect food, interesting location. One of the best meals we have ever had. 3 courses for under 70.00. Not to be missed!

Visited September 2013
Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Intimate New Orleans”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

An impressive dining experience in a city with lots of them. It is a small nondescript exterior located in a part of town that is growing in nice places. The menu was unique and filled with lots of fun dishes and drinks. Entrees run about $20 each, while drinks and appetizers go for about $6-$10. Everything we had was delicious and the place was intimate and romantic.

Tip: Must have the boudin balls as an appetizer.

• Visited September 2013