“Ultimate Haute Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boucherie

Boucherie
Reserve with OpenTable
Boucherie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 1,933 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
New York City, New York
“Ultimate Haute Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

There was nothing to dislike about this local gem. The young owners arexserious about researching and executing the very best in all things culinary. An absolutely exquisite experience! Bravo Boucherie. You are forever Ma Cherie Amour.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Caroline P

Melbourne, Florida
“Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We tried Boucherie for lunch. Easy streetcar stop, very small personable restaurant. Waiter was excellent. Food was even better. Had the 12 hour roast beef po boy - you must get this if you go there for lunch. Super juicy and tender with a slather of homemade horseradish sauce. I had the duck po boy which was very good as well. Their bloody mary's are a definite must as well - they garnish with picked celery and olives and not too spicy - just right. We had the chocolate chess pie for dessert. This is another must. The outside is like a crunch brownie and the inside is like a chocolate mousse. When you first see it you think it will be heavy but it is very light with just a hint of spice. Again, perfectly balanced. Loved everything.

Fredericton, Canada
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Everything in that restaurant was perfect! The service was excellent and the food also. In addition, the price of the meal was cheap for the quality of it. I strongly recommend this restaurant. It is a small place, so you really need to reserve before going.

New York City, New York
“Make a reservation or be prepared to stand at bar.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to dinner on a Thursday night at 9pm and the dining room and bar was packed. Since I heard this place was worth it, I stood at the bar. The food and drinks were great. Not sure it's the best place in NOLA, I thought Root had a better menu.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Paul F
Harrisburg, PA
“Great Food, Missing Forks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I and three other couples went to dinner here on September 10th. We made a reservation based on all of the wonderful reviews and the #1 rating that it got on Trip Advisor. We arrived and got seated at our table right away. The service was a bit slow for everything. In fact, the only reason that I am giving this restaurant a "Very Good" rating as opposed to an "Excellent" rating is because of the service. Our server was very friendly and helpful when she was at the table, but it was very hard to get her attention when we needed something and getting very basic things that we needed like refills on drinks or silverware to eat our entrees with took much longer than it should have. For the appetizers I ordered the Boudin Balls and my husband ordered the mussels. We shared both of them and they were phenomenal. For the entree, we both ordered the scallops. Unfortunately after the appetizers, our server took away my husband's fork and the fork of another diner in our group. When our entrees came to the table, replacement forks did not. So, we asked the gentleman that was refilling our waters if we could get 2 forks. No forks appeared. We couldn't see our server so we asked another server for a fork. No forks appeared. Meanwhile, entrees are getting cold. Finally our server went to check on the table behind ours and we asked her for forks and she brought some for us. I was nearly halfway done with my entree when my husband finally got his fork. The scallops were very good though. Then for dessert my husband and I shared the Krispy Kreme bread pudding. It definitely lived up to all of the hype. All in all, we had a great food experience here. One last piece of info - Boucherie does not split checks. So if you go here with a group, be sure to bring cash.

1 Thank CrowDH