“Great food and a great atmosphere.”
Review of Boucherie

Boucherie
Reserve with OpenTable
Boucherie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 2,034 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We just finished a great meal at the Boucherie. The small plates were very good. My wife had the fried green tomato salad and the shrimp and grit cakes. Both were excellent. I had the duck confit which was very good, but not quite as tender as I'd like. The wagyu beef was perfectly tender and the garlic fries were very good. The Krispy Kreme bread pudding with homemade vanilla ice cream on top was absolutely amazing. Well worth the 2000 calories. Overall, it was a great dining experience and I'll definitely go back.

1  Thank RConstantine

Reviewed May 31, 2013

After having over done it for several days, we finished our NOLA dining crawl here. Started with Blackened Shrimp & Grit Cake with Warm House Made Bacon Vinaigrette. So good that even the next table was drooling at our plate. I volunteered the name of the plate, they laughed self consciously having been caught staring and then we all laughed together. We continued with
Boudin Balls with a Garlic Aioli accompanied by sazeracs and a dark and stormy.

Dinner was Saint Louis Style Niman Ranch Ribs with Grilled Ramps & Crispy Fried Shallots which was a tower of fall of the bone meat and a sprinkling of fried onions. I had the applewood with baby squash and potato rosti. My portion was smaller, but welcome after the gorging i had been doing. potatoes were crisp and flavorful, the scallops tender and juicy. The ranch ribs were probably more substantial. And I was really eyeballing our neighbors wagyu beef. Next time!!!

The restaurant is an old house in Carrollton, modest and modern in its decor. Maybe 14 tables inside and packed with a line. Get reservations or eat tex mex at the corner!!

2  Thank ElCaballoAustin
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a very small place, but had excellent food and service. We arrived by street car 30 minutes earlier than our reservation and was pleasantly suprised that our table was waiting. The selections were varied, something for just about every palate. I thought the portions were a perfect size, not too large. My duck and homemade pappardelle was excellent. There were 4 of us, and each really enjoyed thier selection. For dessert, we choose the krispy kreme bread pudding and thai chili chocolate chess pie. To me, the bread pudding was very sweet, and tasted like the donuts. Not my favorite. But the chocolate pie was fabulous. A perfect chocolate taste, but that little burn at the end. Will definitly be on our list for our next visit to NOLA>

1  Thank Cindy R
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a local. The food was spectacular - strong but subtle flavours. No oversized portions to put you off, but plenty to keep you full and satisfied. The beef brisket was fantastic and the Tree House Pinot Noir was some of the best wine we tasted.
We were warmly welcomed and looked after by Matt who had a clear passion for the food and making our evening as enjoyable as possible.
We tried to book a few days in advance but it was fully booked, if you get there early there are some tables on the front porch or at the bar that aren't booked.
This was definitely worth the $15 taxi ride from downtown.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We wandered up to Carrollton for some sightseeing on the St. Charles streetcar line (with a detour around the construction). We'd seen some really good reviews on TA, and wanted to try this restaurant. We were seated promptly and ordered cocktails while we looked at the menu. Our server, Hope, took really good care of us and made sure everything was great. We were surprised with a small amuse-bouche of mussels on a tasting spoon. I started with a Dark and Stormy (rum and ginger concoction) and my wife opted for a Pimm's Cup. We then went for the small plates, including a special (mirliton gratin with cojita cheese, masa crumble and mustard green kumquat salad), the boudin balls (divine!) and blackened shrimp with grilled polenta slices. We also ordered Since we were planning a dinner for later in the evening, we limited ourselves to the KK Bread Pudding, which we shared to top off the lunch.
This is a really nice place. The dining room is quite small, so you might want reservations if you are going at dinnertime. I would go back to try the dinner menu. You should go and enjoy this place!

1  Thank John M