“great lunch with friends!”
Review of Boucherie

Boucherie
Reserve with OpenTable
Boucherie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 1,990 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Met with some old friends for lunch last week & we picked this spot since two of us hadn't been there before (we usually end up going to Lebanon up the street & forget that Boucherie is behind it). We ordered cocktails (Pimm's Cup & Boucherie Bloody Mary)--very good, especially the Pimms, very refreshing. We got a few small plates (ramp vichyssoise & garlic parm frites) and also shared our entrees so everyone could try a lot of things (steamed mussels, duck confit poboy, and the Cuban). Everything was delicious, and they served a watermelon-beet gazpacho amuse bouche to start with (also very refreshing). Server could have been slightly more attentive, but otherwise it was a perfect experience. It's a small intimate place, relatively quiet so we were able to chat & catch up easily. Would love to go back & try some of the other menu items!

1  Thank heywood417

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Wonderful restaurant. They are so nice and accommodating from the reservations, and the food chooses ( made special dish for me (vegetarian that was great) . Their presentation and menu is awesome - unusual different dishes to taste that are not on every other restaurants menus that my friends ordered like amazing brisket, pulled pork, special vegetables, shrimp smoked scallops, lamb ribs and bread pudding. French fries - amazing..

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'm a foodie. So much so, that I didn't follow my heart and move to New Orleans, I followed my stomach! Joking aside, it IS because of the amazing food I enjoyed on every visit that made me want to explore this city on a more permanent basis. And out of all the places I've eaten in this city, Boucherie is one of my favorites.

My companion and I had such a difficult time deciding what to order that, after agreeing the cocktails we had were spectacular, we finally just asked the bartender to feed us - two appetizers, and two entrees of his choice (we had to get the Krispy Kreme bread pudding for desert - non-negotiable). We did not regret this submission! The blackened shrimp and duck confit were outstanding, as were the smoked scallops and beef brisket. We both enjoyed the homey atmosphere and pride the staff took in what they served. Can't wait to go back!

Make reservations - we got lucky and were able to sit at the tiny bar.

1  Thank NewOrleansSecrets
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Small, intimate restaurant, not many tables. Food is really tasty, we talked about it for days after. Shrimp Po Boys, Scallops, Pork Po Boys and ofcourse the Bread pudding. Service was great as well :)

1  Thank sarya78
Reviewed May 3, 2013

we had lunch here and found it to be good but not exceptional. service was very good and attentive. food was well prepared but plating was underwhelming.

1  Thank marcnjerri