“Our First Meal in New Orleans”
Review of Boucherie

Boucherie
Reserve with OpenTable
Boucherie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Eufaula, Alabama
“Our First Meal in New Orleans”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

After reading all the wonderful reviews, I decided that this would be the spot for my husband & I to enjoy our first lunch in NOLA. We were not disapointed. I enjoyed a couple of cocktails-a Pimm's Cup and a Dark & Stormy. Both were very good and my hubby enjoyed his Abita Amber beer. The staff started us with a taste of their Pumpkin soup-very nice. I ordered the Blackened Shrimp w/Grit Cakes & an order of Boudin Balls. Delicious!! My husband ordered one of the specials: Blackened Mahi with Bacon Smothered Green Beans. He enjoyed his meal and some of the Boudin Balls, too. We shared a Krispy Creme Bread Pudding and it was scrumptious! Nice atmosphere and a great start to our first visit to New Orleans!

1 Thank Gruder

mendham, new jersey
“Affordable, Delectable Small Plates and Fun”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a wonderful find, tucked away in a little house kind of near Tulane/Garden District, is a little gem. All about the yummy, authentic combinations, tastes, and flavors we northerners wish we tasted more often. Boudin balls, crazy combinations, the menu has changed since I went last, so I can't promise what we had is there, but what I can promise is what they make is amazing.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank emilyzh
Phoenix Arizona
“Everything on the Menu”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Yup - we ordered every app and entree on the menu. Five of us waddled out of Boucherie happy and fat last Thursday night after a monster tasting. Granted, we had had a few cocktails before we got there and I can't remember exactly what we tasted (thank goodness for cameras) but I can say it was ALL delicious. This is my second time at Boucherie - the first was the night we got engaged and the second 2 days before our wedding. It will always hold a special place in our hearts. Todd and Val send their love from Phoenix!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank TravelVal
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good contemporary French food, good prices”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is one of the places that is all about good food without being pretentious. There are only about 10 tables and the whole place has a cozy feeling. Not fake-cozy with low-light and such gimmicks, it feels more like you are in the dining room of a friend. Staff is friendly and, again, not snobby. I had the pork belly for appetizer which was good. The duck breast was amazing! For dessert, my friend recommended the Krispy Kreme bread pudding which the place is apparently known for. It was pretty much as I imagined. It was good but now that I had it, I would not order it again.

Prices are moderate, for what is offered. Entrees are typically below 20.- With appetizers, entrees, dessert and drinks (1 each), our bill was 75.- for two, which seemed very reasonable for the quality.

1 Thank ErnestFromBaltimore
Barcelona, Spain
“One of the best restaurants in New Orleans”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

There are many restaurants in New Orleans, I tried several of them, few worth noting. Restaurant Boucherie is one of the most interesting. In the menu tehre are not the typical dishes offered to tourists but a quite creative and sophisticated southern american cuisine (try the mussels). The restaurant is not overcrowded, placed in an old cottage with a limited number of tables, ambience relaxing. The restaurant is nearby S Carrollton Avenue worth to be visited using the streetcar. Prices are reasonable from what you get and the service is very good. I never I visit back New Orleans for sure this will be my fisrt choice.

1 Thank Lauria_49