“Best Crab Cakes”

Ranked #30 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: We are located at the Historic Farmers Market inside the Food Court. This is an open air-market. Although best known for our CrabCake Passion, we are vegan and celiac friendly. Delivery is available to the French Quarter, CBD and surrounding areas.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Hands down, these were the best crab cakes I ate. Not only is the food good, but the ladies are the best. I think they should have their own reality TV show, I would watch it. We sat up at the counter but they made us feel like we were eating in their home. Don't miss this little place.

1  Thank hikeralberta

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is located in the "French Market", a few blocks past Cafe du Mont. There are other food vendors and many tables set up with vendors selling their jewelry, shirts, photos, and souvenirs.

The counter was full, so my wife ordered the food while I went and got frozen drinks from a different vendor. We sat at a table and waited for the food to be prepared. They provided two tangerines for us to eat while we waited.

When the kind gentleman working the counter brought our food over to our table, he commented on how dirty he felt the table was. He ran back to the counter, grabbed a damp cloth, and cleaned our table for us. These tables are shared by all the food vendors, so there was no responsibility on his behalf to do this. As he was wiping the table clean, he commented on how his sister would be upset if he let us eat at such a dirty table.

I enjoyed my Crabcake por-boy and my wife had the Crabcake passion. The por-boy had two crab cakes on it, with lettuce and tomato on a roll. I choose the roasted potatoes, which were excellent, too. My wife raved about the "passion", which was a single Crabcake on a bed of greens.

We both felt it was a good decision to walk to this location and enjoy the local fare. This was not a full-service restaurant, but the food was local and excellent, which is exactly what we were looking for. Would definitely return on our next trip to NOLA.

2  Thank AlbanyHDTV
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great little counter-style spot in the French Market. Don't be fooled by the location! The crab po' boy is to die for. The ladies who work there are hilarious and friendly. Definitely worth a stop for the real deal in food and personality. Also a plus for the vegetarian in an otherwise difficult town if so inclined.

2  Thank Jdkerner
Reviewed May 9, 2014

No matter what category you want to choose, MFTH is the best! Customer Service-check. Friendliness - check. Food quality - check. Don't miss it!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great lunch, we had the gumbo and crab cake. Really enjoyed sitting at the counter and talking to the staff.

1  Thank Anne G